Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first 445 - And its a Labby!

That's the most professional 445 labby I've come across so far. However, you should really bump it up to 2 W with that setup. Well done. +1

Last edited:

MadEye

@jimdt7
I bought the heat sink at the same german shop I got my Module...

@Silvershot
When i build a 2W Laser it would probably be a handheld because I really don't want to put this much work again in a new laser, and my aim for this project was building the most powerful without dutycyle... And atm its really even after 5 Minutes totally cold (Yes, I checked directly the Diode...) and I think it will handle 1W with glass, but 2W will be just to much.

So, I´m thinking about building a RGB Laser with dimmable Colors to mix some nice Colors. Maybe in total 100mW to use it as safe as possible and get some good visible colors which wouldn't blind you... But I have to do more research about it, so this will be made maybe next year... So you don't have to bookmark me, If Im doing a Project it often will take months...

-MadEye

Last edited:

jimdt7

Thanks for the reply!

I want to ask you something else, do you connect it to the wall socket ?
Because i saw a psu inside your metal box.

jimdt7

Can you send me the link of the heatsink please because i cant find it !

MadEye

Yes it is conected to the wall socket. This made it much bigger but I can use it without any additional power supply.

Abot the Heatsink, I can send you the link, but I would really recommend to make one yourself or maybe let it do someone...

very very nice labbay :beer: that cooling fan on the heatsink is soo cool and clean!

+1

greetings,,

bump for sub
ANd a great thread-
very clean job-
HS w/fan looking similair and cheap at Feebay techood.
he has many styles- i like the one with more openings for the fan to pull air-

jayrob

Beautiful job...

Natural born builder - hooked now. Soon to have more lasers than you can count! :crackup:

Encap

Super work -- very professional job!

Looking forward to seeing more of you creations.

MadEye

Wow this thread is living up again :D

Meanwhile I made some small changes on it:

The A130/140 Diode (No idea what it was...) was loosing efficiency (After the last minor drop over 1300mA for 1W)... So I replaced it with a M140 :D. When I did this I also added a lasorb to the diode... I dont know if it actually works, but it feels better with it, since I disconnect the diode from the driver...

Now its running on 1030 mA and giving me about 1040-1060mW (depends on its mood i guess) with a 3-element lens. I know I could push it farer but its important for me to be sure it can stay on for 10 minutes without even getting warm... Duty cycle is for handhelds ;)

Also with the M140 and its lower threshold I can set the diode from a range of about 5-6mW to its full power at 1W...

Last edited: