Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My eye

Razako

There's no controversy to be expected by someone saying they just might've hurt their eye and want recommendations about what to do. The only drama in this thread deals with the derailment about the OP's intention. The topic was his injury.

If he was a troll of your second type trying to freak us out, is that a bad thing? He certainly chose a plausible scenario. I think he'd have gone more extreme if the goal was to freak us out. Instead, he chose a scenario that is a great example of a "dry run" for it to be discussed seriously here. Jumping on the troll hunt just derails that.
That's exactly the point. It wouldn't be believable if he made some stupid post like "tehehe I like shining my lazer at airplanes". Instead he chose something INCREDIBLY stupid that's still somewhat believable. That's exactly what good trolls do. Go any more extreme and nobody will buy it/nobody gets freaked out.

I'm not understanding why somehow making sure everyone knows there is a troll is more important than making sure people know about safety.. I'm not understanding it because it makes no sense.

Eh this is probably a troll. I mean who looks down the barrel of a 300mw laser with it turned on? What if it just had a flaky connection and it suddenly turned on pointing into your eye? Sorry, but I have trouble believing somebody would actually do this.

It's almost having a loaded gun that won't fire and then looking down the barrel while pulling the trigger repeatedly.

Note the title
"my eye"....
Join date=June 14th...
1 post
Hasn't replied back yet.

Yup I'm 99% sure this is a troll post.

if it was a troll, he'd have to know enough about lasers to know green is made by IR, which at 808nm can produce a faint red glow. im thinking most trolls who would attempt something like this would just say the green came on and hit their eye or something.