Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My DX Order...

good luck with all that IR. lol id say around 70-110mW of IR coming out of that baby right there.

Red DX200 with IR? It uses a straight red diode, no DPSS system, so the IR output is negligible :)

That's why the DX200 red is a surprisingly good deal, you don't have to worry about the IR from a green laser, it's much cheaper, and it's just as powerful ;) (Can't wait for mine to arrive).

Switch

The only IR coming out of that thing is the incoherent heat :D

billg519 said:
It van take a while to get the red DX200. I ordered mine on March 16, it arrived April 16.

::)

I wouldn't order a green laser from DX. 200mW for that price is tempting, but 100mW or IR isn't very tempting. If you want a cheap, safe laser you have to settle with reds (and not much problem with that, if the red is 200mW!)

Infact, I'm surprised there aren't more high powered reds around. Sure, they aren't as pretty as the green ones but if the diodes are much cheaper, surely they would be able to make them more powerful than green lasers for the same price! And yet the DX200 and WL Pulsar are the only red lasers I've seen around... :-?

Switch

Some people tested the DX200 and it really does reach 200mW of green , for a few seconds that is, before it heats up.Only 30-40mW of IR.

I have no idea why more companies don't just buy open cans and make red lasers.But they wouldn't be able to make them more powerful than the greens because powerful diodes have really bad beam specs compared to powerful DPSS.

And there is also the Orion and Spartan RP as other comercial red lasers.

They could be making heaps of money by selling really cheap red burners like the DX200.

In fact, I'm surprised there aren't any good companies that sell just really cheap powerful red burners and blu-ray lasers. I mean, they seem to be really cheap to make DIY, so they wouldn't be that expensive to make commercially too (presumably). With good advertising, could make a lot of money that way.

I think the Dilda looks really cool actually. It has a unique, no-nonsense look and is ribbed for extra pleasure.

Jazz

I just got a DX Greenie shipped to florida. It arived 3 days ago. It took about 2 and a half weeks from the processing stage for mine to come in.

Zom-B

Murudai said:
They could be making heaps of money by selling really cheap red burners like the DX200.

In fact, I'm surprised there aren't any good companies that sell just really cheap powerful red burners and blu-ray lasers. I mean, they seem to be really cheap to make DIY, so they wouldn't be that expensive to make commercially too (presumably). With good advertising, could make a lot of money that way.
It has to do with national and international regulations on laser power. Most countries premit laser pointers up to class IIIA and lasers up to class IIIB in commercial equipment as long as the beam is contained in the device and can never escape under designed circumstances. I'm surprised that customs permits the DX200 red to be imported, unless they don't know what's in the package. (this does not hold for the Netherlands because they thoroughly check every package that is shipped internationally :-[ since the terrorist attacks)

Beside there is no traching number for the Netherlands to track :-[

Wow this is now pretty gay. When i checked last night, all three items i ordered were shipped; and today wheni checked, my laser went from shipped all the way to waiting for supplier. At least ill have fully charged batteries when my laser eventually comes. ;D