Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Cat Is Seeing Something

Zar

This happened to my cat. I used to use a low power green pen to play with her being very careful not to hit her in the face. After a while she started seeing things that were not there on white surfaces. Later I figured out the laser was bouncing off the hard wood floor and hitting the wall around the same height as my cats head.

I no longer use lasers to play with the cat.

you know what, there was a fly which he probably caught and ate, and after that he started looking for more flies, maybe that could be it, i remember similar weird behavior when I used the red laser he kept looking around to find the dot again but it wasnt there:D:D and i have carpet floors so nothing bounced off into his eyes

Last edited:

Once he's eaten his first fly, he'll be chasing that flavorful treat for the rest of his life. Congratulations, you have an addicted cat. At least he'll take out all the house bugs, though!

On a more serious note, cats act strange when they get sick or when something in their environment changes that they don't like. If they start hiding all the time, that means he's definitely sick and he knows it. To me, it sounds like he's just become aware that there are catchable critters in the house, and now he's got his eyes peeled waiting for another tasty treat to fly within reach.

As long as we're talking about cats and lasers, always lock your cat up when lasering. They are too inquisitive, and will never turn their nose up at a laser dot, probably even if there is fire spewing from said laser dot.

I really dont wanna sound like a freaking esoteric. But, Cats are much more sensitive then us. I really belive we are surrounded from things. Not to say from ghosts but something like that.
For example. My Cat stared 30 seconds befor it came, in exactly the direction a earthquake came from.

Cats have better hearing than humans. Earthquakes produce various sorts of waves, p-waves, s-waves, etc. By the time you feel it, some of those other waves have already gone by.

Cats have better hearing than humans. Earthquakes produce various sorts of waves, p-waves, s-waves, etc. By the time you feel it, some of those other waves have already gone by.

You forgot the Mexican wave, seeing as Cats have better smell than us they "Know" as soon as them arm pits are exposed. We stand there amongst it all oblivious but dem cats know! :D

I know a cat that likes to sit in front of a wall and stare at it for ages. She also sits in front of mirrors and stares. She's a bit special.

I know a cat that likes to sit in front of a wall and stare at it for ages. She also sits in front of mirrors and stares. She's a bit special.

Haha, exactly what mine is doing. Maybe he can hear the woodworms.