Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

my burning laser video - SenKat's GB diode

Btw,

Please give me a high rating for the video :) No harm helping me make a few bucks right? kekekeke

Cheers.

That's what a lot of people have said and it makes me worried that I'm driving the diode too hard :( I wonder if I should crank the power down a little.

chido

How many mA are you driving it at? And did you get this from senkat's group buy or stonetek?

hi chido:

I'm driving it at 240mAs

What's the different between SenKat's GB and Stonetek? I thought SenKat's GB pointed to Stonetek?

Thanks.

to answer your question, I bought mine from StoneTek but I thought that was the SenKat GB? I'm confused.

Thx.

chido

When did you buy the diode from there? Answer that and then I'll explain things.

Ok I paid for it sometime in Sept 07 or maybe Oct 07 so did I get a SenKat GB diode or what?

I'm quite sure mine are the Sony 16x ones and not the other 'lousy' type that the rest got later on in the GB.

Btw if it's a sensitive issue please PM :)

Thanks.

chido

I don't know if you got a bad one, some people said they bought the diodes back in november, and that even those died, so I can't tell you. Although if you bought it in September, then I think there's a pretty good chance you got a good one.
Do you know what its serial number is? You know, the letters and numbers engraved in the can:

Attachments

• Laser_Diode_Pinout_001.jpg
    Laser_Diode_Pinout_001.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 3,394
hi chido thx.

nope sorry I can't read the serial numbers now because it will be too troublesome to take them outta the AixiZ housing and fit them back in again. anyway I have a good feeling they're the 'good batch' because from what I read, other ppl's bad diodes have been going even below 200mA :(

so these diodes that I bought from StoneTek and still considered to be SenKat's GB (good batch) diodes right?

thx.

chido

Never mind, I just did some reading on the old GB thread for the diodes, if you say you paid for it before October 17th, it should be one of the GB diodes. :)

chido

We don't know, Kenom said that SenKat ordered another batch, and that he had assured these were the good ones. Just wait a bit until someone confirms SenKat is selling the good diodes again. Check your other thread in the exp. and mod. section, I just posted there a while ago.