Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Blue-Ray Pointer Build

I built a pointer with a PHR-803t and a rkcstr driver rated at 114mA.  The host is a dead green DX laser. I'm using two 10440 batteries.

I was wondering if anyone knows the approximate output of it.

I'm guessing between 90 and 100 mW.

I was hoping one of you more experienced builders would have a better idea than me.

Attachments

• Blue-Ray_Pointer2.jpg
    Blue-Ray_Pointer2.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 136

if i had to guess i'd say its ~100-110mw. each diode is different so each will output slightly different. ;)

yea its probably between 70 and 110 mw depending on the optics and the specific diode

mine wil both do 90 mw at 100 mA with the aixiz glass lens

Thats pretty sweet. Do you have any pics of the build? Im currently doing a build using the rckstr and was going to use the mxdl host but I have a couple broken greens laying around I could use.

I wasn't too concerned with taking pictures while I was building it, but here its is.

Attachments

• DSCF1048.JPG
    DSCF1048.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 174

Kage

Nice Work!

These Li-Ion batteries open up a lot of possibilities... :D

I love the fact that this uses the same exact housing (which is extremely snazzy looking) as my first ever laser pointer, a <5mW greenie bought off of eBay for $10.

If anybody is wondering, that laser pointer is now dead; since I had no idea at the time about the concept of "mA" affecting the true power of the laser (not voltage), and the fact that most lasers have drivers that supply constant mA no matter what voltage, I hooked up 5 AAA batteries instead of two and blew the diode with voltage.

When I look back on this, I realize... What a newbie mistake! I can't believe I actually tried that!

Anyways, sorry for that, and nice build!

-Jakob