Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 8x Pioneer build

If it wasn't for the fact I have a car insurance payment due at the end of this month I'd go ahead and start ordering parts for an 8x build :-( Mwave still has the Pioneer drive for $192.00. That plus $144.00 for a Jayrob host with driver, heat sink, and 405 lens would set me back too far right now. Well, maybe by the time I get around to starting my 8x build drlava will have his new lavadriver available so that I will be able to really push the voltage hungry Pioneer 8x diode. I've got to experience 500 watts of 405nm goodness!!!

jayrob

Last edited:
Yes, I saw his power meter readings with the Aixiz lens... 350mw. I believe roSSco got a peak of 380mw with the LSP lens but it evened out at 365mw. I'm currently getting 260mw out of my 6x thru an LSP lens (it was 250mw but we had noticed some debris on the diode window when we made the laser dot really big and after I cleaned off the debris I was getting 260mw). The Aixiz lens only gives me around 225mw.