Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 6W 445nm Laser!!!

Wow im amazed still that you are using 405nm at 6w!!!

This is one of the new 445 diodes, not a 405. And since it hasn't been LPM'ed the 6W is probably a very optimistic estimate. But I am still suitably impressed. Before taking a several year break from the hobby (got married and had 4 kids), this kind of power from a diode was unthinkable. Heck, I am blown away by the 2.5W 445 that I just built getting back into the hobby. And it only cost around $150 ! Is anybody else excited by what we can do these days for so little? What will we be seeing in the next 10 years?

IWIRE

It is an exciting time for this hobby. I'm fairly new to the hobby so I'm completely amazed. Really cool stuff. I'm just waiting for someone to combine 4 of them and have a 20w handheld. With an external battery pack and liquid cooling of course :)

upaa27

This is one of the new 445 diodes, not a 405. And since it hasn't been LPM'ed the 6W is probably a very optimistic estimate. But I am still suitably impressed. Before taking a several year break from the hobby (got married and had 4 kids), this kind of power from a diode was unthinkable. Heck, I am blown away by the 2.5W 445 that I just built getting back into the hobby. And it only cost around $150 ! Is anybody else excited by what we can do these days for so little? What will we be seeing in the next 10 years?

Sorry my bad! Didn't read he whole title just watched the vid and it looked purple :eek:. And in the next 10 years? 1 meagwatt single diode handhelds :D. Can't wait!

Wmacky

I see you think me calling them nichi@ here is a good idea. after the c@$io debacle around here, which preceded my tenure, I figure it's a good idea. do all we can to keep it on the D.L. so they are less likely to take notice, and action.

I suppose one could agrue it's protecting people from other people, because in theory, I can't stop someone else from blinding me. I also don't know anyone malicious enough to get a laser very powerful just for nefarious purposes, though I imagine they're out there. at least with these new particularly powerful ones, the cost to do this is higher, not many will spend hundreds just to be a nuisance

as far as bad publicity, when is the last time someone blamed beretta for a shooting, cold steel for a stabbing, or honda for a vehicular homicide? seems absurd to me.

A know a little about the backstory, but what exactly was the big "debacle"? Perhaps a thread you could point to. Us new guys, weren't around, but I dig reading up on past forum history! The story seems relevant to my extreme love of the awesome 445!

Last edited:

IsaacT

Basically they found out we were using their diodes and their company name and wanted to pursue things legally. So we now use symbols in the name so it doesn't pop up in google searches and whatnot. Its all a liability game. The company doesn't actually care as long as it makes money, but liability can remove the profits.

Last edited:

Wmacky

Were there threads? Not sure how to search for that. I'm interested in just what legal standing they had.

BTW - Sorry I'm off topic StyoPyro. Love the laser, and video. They always have a hint of humor! :beer:

I have a Nichia NUBM44 (6W 445nm) blue laser diode and I don't have in my country where to buy a driver for it.
Could you PLEASE help me to build a driver?
I have been following your youtube videos and seems like you know A LOT......
Sorry for bordering
Thanks

I have a Nichia NUBM44 (6W 445nm) blue laser diode and I don't have in my country where to buy a driver for it.
Could you PLEASE help me to build a driver?
I have been following your youtube videos and seems like you know A LOT......
Sorry for bordering
Thanks
Could you PLEASE stop Necroposting...
This is the 2nd time you have done this
in only 6 posts...:tsk:

This Thread is over 3 1/2 years old.
Necroposting is frowned upon by the
Forum community and will only get
you some of these....
reputation_neg.gif
reputation_neg.gif
reputation_neg.gif
reputation_neg.gif
reputation_neg.gif
reputation_highneg.gif
reputation_highneg.gif
reputation_highneg.gif
reputation_highneg.gif
reputation_highneg.gif
reputation_highneg.gif

Jerry

Last edited:
I'm so sorry.....
I usually search for something that interest me and post what I want to say, I don't really look how old is the original post......
Is that so serious?

Gazen

Mgdavila, if you want to contact styropyro, you can pm him or maybe go to his YouTube channel. You can use the search button at the button of the page, you might find some help building a driver there, if you can’t have one shipped to your country.

I'm so sorry.....
I usually search for something that interest me and post what I want to say, I don't really look how old is the original post......
Is that so serious?
It is BAD Forum Etiquette and is Frowned
upon by the Forum Community.
It is easy to open your own Thread in an
appropriate section on the Forum...

Jerry

I know I'm sick and tired of looking at a new post, only to find it is someone posting to an old thread. I will neg rep you myself if I see you doing it again. :tsk: