Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 465nm NDB7675 1770 mW Build

I have been meaning to post this for over a month, but lacked some decent beam shots. I think these should do for now. This build was done using the NDB7675 462nm diode driven at 1.8 amps with an X-Drive and using a G2 lens for an optical power of 1770 mW. I measured the wavelength at threshold current and it was 461nm. But, at 1.8 amps it increased in wavelength by 4nm to 465nm.

This first photo is of the diode pressed in a TO-5 copper module from DTR and seated in the copper heat sink.
https://i.imgur.com/kA5IMG_0515.JPGUhKYl.jpg

This is the entire host apart with the two 16340 batteries I ordered specifically for this build. They were advertised as 700 mAh, but when I tested them one was 600 mAh and the other was 560 mAh.
IMG_0513.JPG

This is the host as it looks fully assembled. The X-Drive was soldered to the diode's pins to save space as there wasn't enough room to try to separate the two.

Here is a beam shot in the dark at my front door from inside my house.

Here is another beam shot in the well lit room, but the beam isn't very visible. You can see from the color of the room that the beam is very bright. In fact is is much brighter than my 2200 mW 445nm laser in an MS Envy host.

These two beam shots were done tonight as it had finally stopped raining here after doing so for ten days straight. These show the color of the laser pretty well.

Thanks for having a look at this newest of lasers to my collection. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0516.JPG
    IMG_0516.JPG
    940.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Yeah. I posted this the same way I always do, but for some reason the photos won't show up. I am trying to delete it until I can figure out what went wrong, but it won''t allow me. I wonder if there is a problem with imgur now as these came out just fine and I posted them as large thumbnails. If a mod could help me remove this until I can get it figured out I would appreciate it.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey Paul, the last two beam shot links work, but there seems to be a problem with the first five photos.

imgur says "Zoinks! You've taken a wrong turn".

Yes, I can see that. Actually, none of the photos came out on my end. I tried changing the last two to small pictures, but I can't see them either.

I checked and my camera was set to 1280 instead of the 640 I had it set to. Maybe that is the problem and I'll need to reshoot all the photos again. But, that doesn't explain the last two that Jeff could see. Are the last two still visible to anyone?

No matter how I try to edit the first five photos once I try to save them they go to
(img)xxx(img) I can't get them to leave a link like the last two. I don't see why those two leave a link, but the first five are changed as soon as I try to save them.

Well, it seems you can only post five photos to a post. So, I added the link to the place where the "oops" photo is posted and some of them work now. It is too late to spend any more time on this tonight.

Last edited:

GSS

Still got to see a few nice pic's.:)
That's a pretty host, is it one of Bad Boy Billy's? The camera show's it blue like a 445:( but it has to be more aqua in person.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Paul, I got your last two pics to display on my end, I'm not sure if they're visible to everyone though. Hopefully they are! :)

What I did was just copy your imgur link that you have posted, then click on the picture (mountain) image, and then click on the link (chain) image, and then paste your link in it and click insert, and it seemed to work. (y)

I've just about finished my 462nm build also, I'll have to get some pics up soon.
Eog2bh4l.jpg

cNYQRlFl.jpg

Reactions: GSS
Looks good, nice hand size and feel I bet. :)

Good tip BowTie, I had not noticed that link after the mountain pic click, I will have to remember that. (y)

@ Paul: I can see the 2 bowtie reposted and these 3 when I click the links, but the others won't come up at all.

adCzyuBl.jpg

pPArUoGl.jpg

EpIKybXl.jpg

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
In case Paul can't them to work, I got a couple of the others to come up, although the first one doesn't seem to want to cooperate.

adCzyuBl.jpg

EpIKybXl.jpg

I checked and my camera was set to 1280 instead of the 640 I had it set to. Maybe that is the problem and I'll need to reshoot all the photos again. But, that doesn't explain the last two that Jeff could see. Are the last two still visible to anyone?

No matter how I try to edit the first five photos once I try to save them they go to
(img)xxx(img) I can't get them to leave a link like the last two. I don't see why those two leave a link, but the first five are changed as soon as I try to save them.

Well, it seems you can only post five photos to a post. So, I added the link to the place where the "oops" photo is posted and some of them work now. It is too late to spend any more time on this tonight.

Hi Paul, since the systemsoftware here changed, you need no imgur to implement pictures in your post. I did it in an other way in my last raman posts:

First i wrote the complete text in the box, than i uploaded all wanted pictures, than i marked the place in the text where to implement the picture, than i pressed the button "full image" near the picture and it was inserted at that place in the text ... than the next mark in the text and again this button near the next picture to be inserted, and so on ...

Bernd

Gadget

Still got to see a few nice pic's.:)
That's a pretty host, is it one of Bad Boy Billy's? The camera show's it blue like a 445:( but it has to be more aqua in person.

No GSS, that's a host from a group buy in the last days before SciFi Lasers imploded. I've got three of 'em I haven't done anything with yet.

-G

Reactions: GSS
Thanks everyone. I was able to get the links to photo numbers 2,3 and 5 to work last night, but for some reason the links to 1 and 4 still don't. What a mess. Thanks for posting the photos I couldn't last night. Next time I do this I will have to use another method of getting my photos to post. I was able to post photos of my MS-SSW-II NDG7475 build and that was after the systems here was changed over. I used imgur to post them, so I naturally assumed it should work again. I apologize for all the mess I made of this OP.

Hi Paul,
From what I seen great job on the build , I set my camera to 600X800 and download them to the forum I have no issues , Hope the pics will load soon . I dont use third party assistance and now with this new site we have a choice of regular or full size that is a nice touch.

Rich:)

Yes, I reset my camera down as well. On the host I used, it is from a large group buy about three and a half to four years ago. The copper heat sink weighs 6.2 ounces and with the thick aluminum battery tube the whole build has some heft to it. I don't remember exactly what I paid for these hosts, but I think it was around $25.00 each. It was an exceptional deal. It is a bit bigger than a 501B host, but it can easily take a 3 watt diode and run for well over a minute.