Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 445nm 1.2W laser (RIP)

So this past Saturday, the 445nm 1.2w laser from yobresal came in the mail. Words cannot express how much it puts the beams of my 3 other lasers to absolute shame. I tried taking a beamshot picture of all 4, but without a fog machine, the 1.2w 445nm and 200mw 532nm hide the beam of my dilda and phr from my crappy camera. Even with my cigarette smoke.

And today when I got home, my 445nm glasses came from Radiant!

I modified the focusing ring so that it's easier to adjust focus without almost putting your finger in front of the monster's beam, and made it so that when it can't screw down any further, that is when it is 'perfectly' focused. Also, I made it so it can tail stand.

I wish I could say what things I used to do this, but with as much crap as I take apart on and off, I just cannot remember, lol.

Anyways, here's some pics. (I have a dust cap for it made from another, larger rubber tailcap. It just isn't pictured)

4451.jpg

4453.jpg

4452.jpg

Last edited:

Re: Yay for me! :p

Wow that is beautiful. Im jealous, btw you might want to change it in your sig :).

EDIT: NVM you just did :)

Last edited:

Thanks :) I REALLY love the 445nm wavelength. I like how the beam is either blue or violet depending how you look at it. Hold the laser away from you and point it away, looks very violet. But point it to go over your head, or add smoke/fog and it looks blue.

Last edited:

Ya i really want a 445nm laser. Did you measure the laser on a lpm?

I noticed this with the 405nm burner lasers too.

I can only conclude that fluorescence accounts for most of this effect, as pointing the beam at paper is bright blue whereas wood looks purple.

-A

And how much of the beam is saturated with either smoke/fog/dust particles etc.

I LOVE this laser! De-soldered a couple small wires on a flashlight with it yesterday, popped a piece of popcorn today, and ate it. Just now, I saw a little beetle about 1' away on my desk, grabbed my safety glasses, the laser was at normal focus, beetle made a little pop sound and a little smoke after like 1.5 seconds, dead.

Wonder how many more useful things I can do with it :D Anyone with more neat things I can try, let me know.

Last edited:

I LOVE this laser! De-soldered a couple small wires on a flashlight with it yesterday, popped a piece of popcorn today, and ate it. Just now, I saw a little beetle about 1' away on my desk, grabbed my safety glasses, the laser was at normal focus, beetle made a little pop sound and a little smoke after like 1.5 seconds, dead.

Wonder how many more useful things I can do with it :D Anyone with more neat things I can try, let me know.

Lol, gotta love it.

HaHa yea very useful. :D

Re: Yay for me! :p (My 445nm)

Figure for random stuff to do with my 445, I'll just keep reposting in here instead of creating a new thread for something related to it.

Anyways, my Radiant safety glasses block a lot of the light from the laser (seems at least 95%). I still found it to be too bright to look at the dot while burning. So I noticed my yellow shooting glasses block at least half of the light. So what do I do? Use them both at once, of course!

Glasses.jpg

Pictures were taken with the glasses in front of the camera, not the laser.

Congrats on what? taping 2 pairs of glasses together? lol

Thanks I suppose :p

My dead dino 405 pointer from a little bit ago has served a grand purpose...A new focus ring for my 445 :D

Here it is flush with the head at nominal focus (nom nom nom nominal)
focustight.jpg

And here it is focused for burning:
focuswide.jpg

I had to brighten it up with photoshop because I took the pictures in the dark with a flashlight. The focus ring isn't scuffed much at all in person.

Last edited: