Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MY 2nd D.I.Y Flat Diode Build (PICS)

As soon as i took this E-Cigarette apart to see how they worked i knew it was going to be hosting a laser soon ...lol

also for all the people that want a nice battery level monitor for there build , have a look at the 1`s u can get for these E-cigarettes ...i`m deffinatly going to be incorporating 1 into a build soon ...

i`ve also bin thinkin about using the vapourizer from 1 of these aswell with a small fan to actually provide a build with its own small smoke machine ...this could easilly be mounted inside so it could blow smoke out of the aperture area through small holes ..

so i harvested another flat red diode today and as u can see i have modded a tiny driver from another build i had , also have a diode head with adjustable lens which is very nearly perfect to fit str8 into the end of the E-cigarette ..

this will obviusly have a small duty cycle but with the burning capabilities of these flat red`s that doesnt really bother me , these dont start smoldering then cutting , these just get str8 on with cutting instantly .

added pix

Attachments

• 45.jpg
    45.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 251
  • 47.jpg
    47.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 250
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 259

skjult

I knew someone else must have had the same idea!

What's cool about these batteries / accessories is there are many mods out there with threaded adapters of various sizes. I use one that takes a standard 18650 cell and provides threading for the standard "Ego-T" atomizer. I've a couple of those atomizers which are now dead, so good candidates. You'll see the standard Aixiz module fits easily in the atomizer. This was without removing any of the innards. I'd probably just use the head and figure out a bushing between it and the atomizer body. Copper tubing, split down the length, would probably make a good press-to-fit bushing.

The beauty of this design is you could build modules from the atomizers, that thread onto any battery configuration. And the switch mechanism features a 5 quick click safety off and on.

The issues I see are a couple:

1. The switch circuit, if I recall, passes the voltage of the battery... so 3.7v is not enough for some builds without using a boosting driver.

2. The switch circuit has a maximum current capacity... which I don't recall... but I believe is less than an amp. If that's the case, you're also limited in what you can drive, without adding an additional transistor to switch the higher current.

That said, the size of these lends themselves to lower-power lasers. I may try one of the ~500mw reds I have awaiting a host.

Attachments

• 20130910_111532_-_i0002.jpg
    20130910_111532_-_i0002.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 20130910_111610_-_i0001.jpg
    20130910_111610_-_i0001.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 143
need more 510 lights and lasers!

Why reinvent the wheel, eh?

Also, one thing to be mindful, from a usability standpoint: might be bad to accidentally point a laser into your mouth and turn it on. Better make sure your laser heads are much much different from your cartos and atties

skjult

Here is the circuit that is commonly in these devices:

eGo-T Circuit Board

I've several of these boards. The claims are 2.2A max current. What's nice is you can leave the battery in place and charge from the output connections. Given that I paid about $2 for the boards, I won't mind destroying one if in fact I can't push 2.2A through it.

Seems like an issue might be that it will automatically burn the liquid every so many drags... so that might turn into a laser firing unexpectedly every so many clicks. :)

This eGo-T Circuit Board set is for you to build your own eGo battery style mods!

Contains:
Electronics IC board
manual button
plastic holder

It is a perfect match for eGo battery connectors!

Button is convex, different than Joye eGo battery.
NOW has 5 click protection!
Press button 5 times to turn button off, 5 times to turn on.

No warranty on eGo circuit board

Parameters:

*Power Supply
3.7v, 280mAh li-ion battery (4.2v fully charged)

*Working Parameters
Static current: less than 5uA, 2 uA typical
Working current: less than 1.1A (when Heating coil Resistance is 3ohm)
Maximum allowed working current: 2.2A
Voltage to trigger charging: 3.2V
Voltage to stop charging: 4.2V

*Power Saving Mode
LED flashes for 5 times(250ms on/250ms off), totally 2.5s, then it goes to power-saving mode.

Inhaling time?30s: LED flashes for 16 times(200ms on/200ms off), totally 6.4s, it doesn't support inhaling during this time.

Inhaling ?1500puffs after resetting: LED flashes for 50 times(200ms on/200ms off), totally 20s, it doesn't support inhaling during this time.It burns the e-liquid for 8S automatically to clean the atomizing chamber.

Attachments

• ego-T board 1.jpg
    ego-T board 1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 345
  • ego-T board 2.jpg
    ego-T board 2.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 292
  • ego-T board 3.jpg
    ego-T board 3.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 596