Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

my 1st spiro  

Very nice :) The additional motors certainly add to the complexity of patterns... I wish I had room in my spiro to add at least one more motor :-/

I look forward to seeing the 8 motor version :)

Regards rog8811

AjentX

so when you build a spiro do the mirrors need to be like off a little bit or smooth with the motor?

Cool, I always wondered what happens when you add more motors be sure to post that one ;) I remember my first spiro haha it was built from 3 motors I had lying around and a 12V power supply, my only speed control was using my finger to slow down the motors haha.

To the above, the mirror needs to be off set so it wobbles a little. The more off set the bigger the circle it makes.

AjentX

lamborgini8 said:
To the above, the mirror needs to be off set so it wobbles a little. The more off set the bigger the circle it makes.

ahh.. well i was going to put like 2 inch circle mirrors onto CPU fans.. so what would be the best way to offset the mirrors?

(sorry if i get annoying i cant find this info anywhere.. lol)

Thats a nice spiro! Really like it =)

As for how to offset the mirrors: There are a lot of ways. I used dubblesided tape (or singlesided wrapped around), but thats just for testing. Though, it worked great =) I would imagine some sort of thick glue would do the trick. I'm not too familiar with "international" glue, as I only know norwegian names, but I guess you'll figure something out :)

Take a look at my very basic homemade a motor spiro. Just a laser tunnel/time tunnel, but it was great for for a first try :) Going to order 10 frontside mirrors from a site I found (allelectronics.com), and some motors to test for real :) Heres my attempt:p http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1228675004

To the topic starter: Could you post a pic of how you placed the mirrors? =)

Nice video! I got a mail about i a few days ago, since it is a video response to my video, but I didn't realize it was yours. Great job!

AjentX said:
[quote author=lamborgini8 link=1230702897/0#3 date=1230724932]

ahh.. well i was going to put like 2 inch circle mirrors onto CPU fans.. so what would be the best way to offset the mirrors?

(sorry if i get annoying i cant find this info anywhere.. lol)[/quote]

All you need to do is have the mirror at a very slight angle to the fan, something as tiny as 1 degree is fine. I used a big bit of blue tack and stuck a 3cm mirror to some motors. Blue tack worked fine for me, you can adjust the angle easily as well.

Just make sure you use enough blue tack or you might find mirrors flying everywhere.

AjentX

well i went and made one  ;D lol took me all of about 2 seconds once i just did it.. lol.. i need to mount it and all but IT MAKES CIRCLES :D

1231080839.jpg

1 cd player sled motor
1 optic whatever out of same cd player
1 battery
oh and some double sided tape :D lol

Edit: and a green laser.. (DUH)