Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 1981 Delorean night laser shots

D

Delorean Geek

I went out with my new Arctic Spyder and took some shots of my car in the driveway. I tried a lot of different settings but these turned out the best. Funny side note, there are 2 street lights on my street, and it was too much light, but I was able to turn one off with a quick blast from my Spyder and made the ambient lighting perfect!

4874-my-delorean.jpg

4873-my-delorean-taken-arctic-spyder-olympus-pen-ep-1-20sec-exposure.jpg

Nice. I guess I could um. Take a beamshot with er.. one of the rear suspension links off my D?.. Lol. It's the only part of it that's in the house lol. Man I wish I had about $5k free so I could just get all the suspension and other upgrades that require the body off done so I could at least put the two halves back together again. :p

Man I wish I had about $5k free so I could just get all the suspension and other upgrades that require the body off done so I could at least put the two halves back together again. :p

Buy some blow and traffic it. :tinfoil:

I like the pictures, although I don't really like the fact that you destroyed public property just because your lazy and can't drive a minute away to a better spot and gotten the same effect..... Those are Nice Pictures anyways

Kevlar

Nice pics!!!

I like the pictures, although I don't really like the fact that you destroyed public property just because your lazy and can't drive a minute away to a better spot and gotten the same effect..... Those are Nice Pictures anyways

I don't see how turning off a street light is considered destroying public property. The light comes back on. :thinking:

anselm

... although I don't really like the fact that you destroyed public property ...
LOL wut

He most likely just tricked the lamps photosensor into thinking it was day,
so they turn off by themselves.
I'm pretty sure the light came back on a few minutes later.:crackup:

@Delorean Geek:
Those are really really great pictures!
Good enough for the poster of "Back to the Future IV" IMHO.:gj:

D

Delorean Geek

Thanks all, I'm looking forward to a good nights photoshoot. This was just a test shoot.

I don't really like the fact that you destroyed public property just because your lazy and can't drive a minute away to a better spot and gotten the same effect.

You're joking right? My Arctic is strong, but it's not strong enough to melt a street light at 30' !!!! You do realize that I tripped the photocell and I had to work quick as it comes back on after a few minutes. There are a few around here that trip themselves because the photocell is set too sensitive as the ambient light generated by the streetlight itself turns it off in a never ending cycle until daylight.

Last edited:
Thanks all, I'm looking forward to a good nights photoshoot. This was just a test shoot.

You're joking right? My Arctic is strong, but it's not strong enough to melt a street light at 30' !!!! You do realize that I tripped the photocell and I had to work quick as it comes back on after a few minutes. There are a few around here that trip themselves because the photocell is set too sensitive as the ambient light generated by the streetlight itself turns it off in a never ending cycle until daylight.

LOL My fault, I'm a Idiot, I thought you Burnt the bulb out.:crackup:

D

Delorean Geek

how did you get the "laser show" effect? gives me ideas for my car.

I only have the 2 basic lenses, but it was a foggy night. I set my Olympus on a tri-pod and set a 12 sec delay. I squatted behind my car and waited for the shutter to release. I had my lens stopped down so I could take a 20-25 second exposure. While the shutter was open I waved the laser towards the camera and house in a cone or funnel pattern pausing in places to make the beam more pronounced in places.

The one with the doors was easy too. I have a remote system that let's me open the doors with a key remote, so during the exposure, I simply opened the doors while I was waving the laser.
Now that I have my green 450mW, I will do some more photo tests soon.

Last edited:
Thanks, Looks Amazing. Cant try this with my car this summer. Maybe Ill make my forums calendar.

I only have the 2 basic lenses, but it was a foggy night. I set my Olympus on a tri-pod and set a 12 sec delay. I squatted behind my car and waited for the shutter to release. I had my lens stopped down so I could take a 20-25 second exposure. While the shutter was open I waved the laser towards the camera and house in a cone or funnel pattern pausing in places to make the beam more pronounced in places.

The one with the doors was easy too. I have a remote system that let's me open the doors with a key remote, so during the exposure, I simply opened the doors while I was waving the laser.
Now that I have my green 450mW, I will do some more photo tests soon.

drevil

This thread is a little rofl, but seriously awesome photography and nice car. This pic will go down in LPF history (more or less lol)

Good luck with your Delorean Qumefox.

The one with the doors was easy too. I have a remote system that let's me open the doors with a key remote,

Yeah the door launchers rock. I have a wings-a-loft kit in the closet destined for mine as well.. Right now I just need shocks.. springs.. new poly bushings all around... a passenger side trailing arm.. and a bunch of other piddly stuff. :p