Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 18560/Jayrob 445nm Burn Video + Pics

DTR

If you would like to see all of my reviews and tutorials please visit my compilation page.[/SIZE]

http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/d...ting-compilation-thread-56450.html#post797151

The first seven beam shots are with smoke(well steam don't have a smoke machine) and the rest without.

36746772.jpg

44123286.jpg

64831459.jpg

34744706.jpg

76992541.jpg

186502.jpg

186501.jpg

18650.jpg

Thanks Jayrob for the great host and Daguin for getting me my diodes.

Here are some other images of my lasers. ImageShack® - dtr11's Profile Page[/B]

Last edited:

Re: My 18560/Jayrob 445nm

Very nice beam shots.

I am currently building a 445 myself in a C3 Stainless host. Microboost @ 700mAh.

:cool:

DTR

Re: My 18560/Jayrob 445nm

Very nice beam shots.

I am currently building a 445 myself in a C3 Stainless host. Microboost @ 700mAh.

:cool:

The shots are a little grainy. Taken from my phone. I have what I thought was a fairly nice Kodak camera but it seems to screw up the pictures when the laser is on. I have tried every setting I could think of.

Last edited:

jayrob

Eats through that CD case like it's not even there almost!

Nice beam shots too! :cool:

Moptsp

I love it. Id like to get my hands on a 445 diode. I just don't want to mess with 1W yet. ^_^ Also, all that biological mess with near UV wavelength scares me a bit. But it's beautiful!!!

I just want to mention I'm very glad these weren't around 15 years ago when I first got into lasers. My friends and I would most definitely be blind if we went through our less thoughtful years w/ access to these things.

(I remember sitting at a party about 15 years ago W/ a 5mw red pointer... My friend asking if it's ok to stare into it. I said NO, read the label, and he says, yah, but what will happen? and proceeds to stare into the beam.. pointed directly into his eyeball.)

DTR

I love it. Id like to get my hands on a 445 diode. I just don't want to mess with 1W yet. ^_^ Also, all that biological mess with near UV wavelength scares me a bit. But it's beautiful!!!

Are you kidding. I was thinking about unfocuseing it and offering cheap tan's without havering to pay the tanning salon tax.:san:

I just want to mention I'm very glad these weren't around 15 years ago when I first got into lasers. My friends and I would most definitely be blind if we went through our less thoughtful years w/ access to these things.

(I remember sitting at a party about 15 years ago W/ a 5mw red pointer... My friend asking if it's ok to stare into it. I said NO, read the label, and he says, yah, but what will happen? and proceeds to stare into the beam.. pointed directly into his eyeball.)

If your friend wants to borrow mine just let me know. It is survival of the fittest.:gun:

oic0

During my research on laser safety I was reading about a fellow who stared in to a 5mw laser with his eye open for 30 seconds. Turned his retina a bit yellow but he did recover his vision after a few days. Scary how dumb some people are.

midias

It has a copper heat-sink.

I meant a heatsink on the driver circuit. I have an extra of the same build with the alumn heatsink I think I will try out unless jayrob thinks the aluminum will not work well enough but I think with some arctic silver 5 in between the diode housing and the heatsink I will be good to go.

DTR

I meant a heatsink on the driver circuit. I have an extra of the same build with the alumn heatsink I think I will try out unless jayrob thinks the aluminum will not work well enough but I think with some arctic silver 5 in between the diode housing and the heatsink I will be good to go.

If you want to push the driver beyond 1A you can look at this for your host.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/3405-host-makes-great-445-build-52853.html

And as Jayrob suggested for the driver just use some thermal adhesive and glue a flat piece of aluminum to the 5 pin chip as shown in drlava's documentation...

I am thinking about setting my 3405 host to 1.5A and doing the aluminum heat-sink for the driver.