Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mxdl lasers for sale 35$

Ace82

If you know how to solder, you can repair your laser. You will take more pride in it too. It's very simple. Every diode has 3 pins, usually only one is needed, typically two. You solder positive and negative. How more simple can it be? Anyway, I'll think about buying that unit, but I wouldn't spend more then $20 (with batts.).

About needing money, do you know how fast $35 goes?......... ::)

Ace82 said:
If you know how to solder, you can repair your laser. You will take more pride in it too. It's very simple. Every diode has 3 pins, usually only one is needed, typically two. You solder positive and negative. How more simple can it be? Anyway, I'll think about buying that unit, but I wouldn't spend more then $20 (with batts.).

About needing money, do you know how fast $35 goes?......... ::)
yeah it goes really fast with me.
but im thinking of buying one of Senkats diodes.
i hope there good. how many my would they put out if i put it into my flashlight laser ?

chido

Since your driver is limiting the current to 250mA the SenKat diode would put out around 175mW according to Hemlock Mike's graph.
But you could change the resistors in your driver to deliver more current to the diode, I recommend you don't go over 350mA though. At 300mA the diode would put out around 200mW, and at 350mA around 220mW. If it was me I would just go with 300mA since I don't think the extra 20mW are worth shortening the life of the diode any further.

diachi

if your so good at electronics and stuff, why dont you just rip out the diode from a cheap DVD burner ?? then add a 5 Ohm resistor to the positive lead then just attach it straight back onto the driver board, its that simple and because u have a 5ohm resistor on it it shouldnt be getting too much power

and i've been soldering since i was 8 (used to help my dad fix his bands leads and other equipment)