Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MS-SSW-II / NDG7475 Build Review

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
It certainly will. But you'll be surprised at how quickly we'll get used to it, and it soon won't feel new anymore.
I'm not good with change myself. But I have seen a few things I like about this platform. But others things not so much.

Nope no beer. LPF has gone sober. :coffee:
200_beer.gif

Seems we have fewer imogies left over from the old platform. Maybe that will change when Avery gets someone to change a few things around here. This white background reminds me of PL. I'm not loving it that much.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I'm sure there must be a way of changing the background from the admin side. But I can't see anyway of doing so from our side.

Thank you, chloderic. I appreciate the kind words.

That is pretty much what I expected, Curtis. ;)

Hi Paul,
You finally had time to put this awesome build together, Great job man thats a lot of green filling your room. Thanks for sharing this build with us very well done buddy.

Rich:)

Thanks, Rich. It was a labor of love. I had been wanting to do this build for at least three years. Everything just came together at one time and made it possible. I do like the way it turned out. It is extremely bright. Had to give it the plywood burn test today. It passed with flying colors. :)

Nice laser Paul!!! I have 2 1 watt jetlasers in the PLE-Pro host. One does 1243mw with 26650 cells installed.
The first time I was power testing it I pointed it at our piano while focusing the beam. I was dismayed at the
instant damage! Safe enough on white ceilings but boils smoke right away on any wood surface!

Enjoy your built monster green! You did a great job and I like the massive host too!
My only LPF member host was made by Ehgemus. He did a fantastic job too. I has a 515nm Nichia
in it @ 80+ mw. Very tame compared to the beast you built! I hope you enjoy your new build a very long time!

Thanks. It should last a nice long time. It isn't grossly over driven and has an amply heat sink. I use a couple of lenses with it. I have a G2 that gives the best power rating and a 520nm AR coated two element lens from DTR. No artifacts with it.

Very nice, that's a good looking unit :) I built a compact 7475 runs on 2 x 18350 and also a 2 x 26650 520nm unit with a bigger heat sink for long runtimes, but I also have some 1w 525nm lasers and you can see the difference ( more green/yellow ) but I think I like the 520nm better, I would love to see a 3w or 5w green diode next and hopefully 520nm will still be an option.

Thanks, Robert. I would love to see some higher power greens, but I don't think we'll see any soon. There is little need for more power in PJs, so we will be stuck with what we have for at least the time being.

WOW! That’s an incredibly beautiful laser cannon, Paul! Thanks for also sharing your step-by-step photos. Some things are really worth the wait. Great job, Buddy! :D

-cd

WOW! That’s an incredibly beautiful laser cannon, Paul! Thanks for also sharing your step-by-step photos. Some things are really worth the wait. Great job, Buddy! :D

-cd

Thank you, Barry. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos and the explanations. It is a nice build and quite heavy in the hand.

jnrpop

Looks great Paul (y) a quality diode for a quality, and rare host! :cool:
I also had all the component for a NUG01 build arrive a 3 or 4 months back, and got lucky with a reasonably well focused g-ball lens on the diode, actually its really good compared to other units ive seen posted here. These 1W diodes are so bright its unreal, mines doing 1100mW @ 1750mA using a buck driver.
J :coffee: