Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

moved into new house, reconnecting with LPF

Nice house! I hate moving

I've moved 22 times in my life. And thats not including the couple of dozen time I've moved other people.

Kind of ironic that when I needed help, not one freaking person that I helped move in the past was there to help me.

I've moved 22 times in my life. And thats not including the couple of dozen time I've moved other people.

Kind of ironic that when I needed help, not one freaking person that I helped move in the past was there to help me.
Kinda funny how that works, I had no help last weekend or when I moved from Nevada to Oregon or Oregon to Utah. I am done helping other people move. I help them and when I move nobody shows.

I think the normal bribe to get someone to help you move is a large meat lovers pizza and a 6er of beer. lol

I think the normal bribe to get someone to help you move is a large meat lovers pizza and a 6er of beer. lol
I had more than that for who ever helped, in Nevada and Oregon I had beer on tap at my house (illegal in Utah to have beer on tap) but nobody showed up.
Just don't really care any more.

I had more than that for who ever helped, in Nevada and Oregon I had beer on tap at my house (illegal in Utah to have beer on tap) but nobody showed up.
Just don't really care any more.

Same here. Chinese food and brews were always part of the deal.

People just suck, they just dont want to do it. I always ended up either recruiting some neighborhood kids, or hiring some guys from the Want Ad.

Nice house! I hate moving, I just had to move my mom into assisted living last weekend, what a pain in the ass.
Now get back to lasers.:beer:

I remember you mentioning this when we were talking about PC specs not too long ago. Hopefully your move went smooth & your mom is physically and emotionally in a comfortable new place that suits her everyday needs :beer:

Welcome back :beer:
BTW Awesome house !

Jim

Thanks dude... It's been something like: settling in, unpacking, lasers, unpacking, laser setup, yelled at for not unpacking 'the important stuff' first (I almost hit her), more lasers and unpacking :crackup:

Amazing... that's such a beautiful home casted on a backdrop of peaceful scenery.

Couldn't agree more. When my wife & I stumbled on this place after already having looked at 50 something houses, the yard immediately grabbed us. Both of us were like 'yeessSSSS!' because we've wanted a larger, wooded yard ever since we met. We had to get out of the suburbs, our lifestyles just weren't cut out for it. I'm actually considering installing a creatively shaped 60'+ pond back by the firepit along the edge of the woods :beer:

People just suck, they just dont want to do it. I always ended up either recruiting some neighborhood kids, or hiring some guys from the Want Ad.

I remember an old saying that holds very true, it goes something like 'you dont know who your true friends are until you need help moving, never forget those people' ;)

PS: I've added some beamshots to the OP, because moving into a new place & sharing pictures just isn't the same without those beamshots :D

Last edited:
Nice spread! Your neighbors will soon get used to the alien beeemz. lol Break them in gently. ;)

Thanks guys! I hear you too about breaking the neighbors in hehe. Thankfully they all seem cool with what they've seen so far but I haven't gone too crazy just yet (other than the OP 532 skyshots) because we're still settling in & it's been raining a lot lately.

The folks on each side of our place know about my lifestyle because I told them when we first met. During our conversation the inevitable question always comes up '....so what do you do?' and I'm happy to surprise them with explaining something they'd never expect around the typical 'watch football' answer.... 'I build laser flashlights' always yields an unusual look because so few people do what we do here, and the reason I say laser flashlights in because it sounds less conspicuous than telling them I build powerful lasers that can burn and blind people ;)

Anyways I plan on being as considerate and careful as possible with how I use my optical arsenal outdoors this summer, seeing that I don't want all the neighbors knowing that we're likely going to be the nuthouse on the block just yet :crackup::beer:

Last edited: