Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

most likely a dumb question

what is the difference between a forward and reverse clicky switch on a flashlight/laser?

-laserlover

Forward and reverse clicky switch?

Isn't there just one form? You click on, you click off... the end.

thats what i thought, but i heard people talking about them being mad that a flashlight or laser is a reverse clicky versus a forward

Some changeover switches have the option of make before break (both outpts connected to common momentarily when switch is thrown)........
...........or break before make (momentary disconnection of both outputs as switch is thrown), as on lasers the switch is used as an on/off and not a changeover I cannot think of anything that would have them described as foreward or reverse.

Regards rog8811

This is how I understand it.
With a foreward clicky you can activate the device with slight pressure on the switch without going all the way. Once you push all the way, The device will stay on until you push again.
A reverse clicky cannot activate said device unless you push in all the way and release it.
Push again to de-activate said device.

EchoDelta said:
This is how I understand it.
With a foreward  clicky you can activate the device with slight pressure on the switch without going all the way.  Once you push all the way,  The device will stay on until you push again.
A reverse clicky cannot activate said device unless you push in all the way and release it.
Push again to de-activate said device.

thats what i was looking for, thanks

-laserlover

its exactly like the difference between a half stroke keyboard and a full stroke keyboard.

:) I have switches that work in both ways described and had never even considered how they would be described :)
Thanks EchoDelta, I have learnt something new today!

Regards rog8811

artix

keeperx said:
its exactly like the difference between a half stroke keyboard and a full stroke keyboard.
What is the difference? :-/

To laserlover and rog8811,

My friends, Anytime I can help, The pleasure is all mine.

However, At the time I replied, I was concerned that my answer was not quite as "coherent"
as I would like it to have been. Get my drift?

EchoDelta