Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mosquitoes

GSS

Looking forward to it Vasislis haha and Pi, im a family guy nut I totally forgot that one. Thx man.:beer:

2 questions:
1. What laser are you expecting
2. How are you going to find cockroaches so easy:D
Lol. The 7 watt one from thejoker

You can kick piled leaves and find big ones anywhere here in Florida. Most are 2" or bigger. Those are called palmetto bugs

You can kick piled leaves and find big ones anywhere here in Florida. Most are 2" or bigger. Those are called palmetto bugs
7W? Awesome:drool:
Try it on the palmetto bugs then! Don't forget to update this thread please!

Looking forward to it Vasislis haha and Pi, im a family guy nut I totally forgot that one. Thx man.:beer:

When you said: payback from biting "Peter", that made me think of it, although I am sure you're no Peter Griffin (who should never get his hands on a laser), the only member of that family that should own a laser is Stewie.:crackup:

Try it on a scorpion, they are also a hazard to humans.

Alan

Teej

I have a 3 watt 445 that can be focused so as to fry them about instantly.

I don't use it indoors, (anymore...) as there are too many other things that it seems to also fry, such as the paint on the walls and ceiling...and with the safety glasses on, its too hard to tell how much was too much, etc.

Mosquitoes are attracted to CO2 and to heat. Essentially, they evolved to follow those things, because they tend to have blood in them.

:D

If you align a red laser to act as an aiming device, (If using a blue for the kill, etc) and then hit them with the kill shot, it saves some tracking related "collateral damage".

In flight shots are doable, but, as the background is swinging by when following a moving target, it makes it very difficult to not accidentally light up something behind the bug, etc...especially as they don't fly in a very uniform pattern.

Flies are easier, in that the second they are hit on a ceiling for example, they let go, and drop straight down...then roll, and swerve....every time.

If you hit and assume a straight down path initially, you can lit them up for a long enough time to pop them.

If they finish the drop and roll/swerve, tracking with a dot is much tougher...so you want to get the drop tracking right.

:D

Mosquitoes -

If you blow up a balloon, its now full of your breath. This has enough CO2 in it to work.

Tie the balloon knot loosely, so it has a slow leak. Put it on a heating pad/hot water bag, etc. Put a Bunsen burner pad, or other non-flammable place to land, yet get warm from the bag, etc... on the bag by the leaky knot - and set up your "blind" to pick off the confused blood suckers.

Its best if you have a non-reflective surface for them to land on, as a sitting sucker is very easy to target/eliminate.

:angel::lasergun:

(only winged thing I saw in options.....)

GSS

When you said: payback from biting "Peter", that made me think of it, although I am sure you're no Peter Griffin (who should never get his hands on a laser), the only member of that family that should own a laser is Stewie.:crackup:

Try it on a scorpion, they are also a hazard to humans.

Alan
HaHa! oh boy I needed a laugh thx. How many cheap ebay lasers do think Stewie has in his hidden weapons room?:shhh: