Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MorenB Violet lasers

I am not sure what range this driver has so I do not know how high you can push the current. If you do push the current you will shorten the life of you diode. If you swap the diode for an 8X diode when the pirce comes down and the driver allows for it, then yes, but you are going to have to take the laser completely apart to do this. I mean completely apart. Replacing a diode is the most labor intesive mod you can do to a laser because everything else is built around it.

I am not sure what range this driver has so I do not know how high you can push the current. If you do push the current you will shorten the life of you diode. If you swap the diode for an 8X diode when the pirce comes down and the driver allows for it, then yes, but you are going to have to take the laser completely apart to do this. I mean completely apart. Replacing a diode is the most labor intesive mod you can do to a laser because everything else is built around it.

OK, that's fine. No big deal, im sure i'll be satisfied with this one, but I was just checking. This will compliment my green one just fine! Please let me know when it has shipped, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Cisco C.

they all have rkcstr fixed adjustment drivers.... you could solder on diff smd resistors to change the current, but chances are you'd break it trying to get into the module if you aren't familiar with it.

they all have rkcstr fixed adjustment drivers.... you could solder on diff smd resistors to change the current, but chances are you'd break it trying to get into the module if you aren't familiar with it.

Eh, i'd just assume leave it alone....thanks for the info though!

Cisco C.

Aarons

I got my laser in today. Great, working condition. Super bright and an amazing color. The host is extremely nice, feels great in hand.
Yobresal was a pleasure to deal with, Thanks for the awesome transaction.

karbon

Looking for purple/bluray lasers under 50mw

do you ship to UK, would i recieve it and would there be lots of import tax for me to pay

Are those 5mW ones that you have modded?
If so, what is the usual output when the current is the max that the driver puts out?