Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

More youtube laser abuse

Has anyone seen these guys?? They are pointing a bunch of lasers at an rc copter with a million people in the room and no one is wearing glasses/goggles. The copter appears to have shiny stickers on it.. Stray reflections everywhere.
The info says its after a SELEM meeting. Figured they would know better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzFe32Omy44

Last edited:

We should have a thread (if there isnt one already) where everyone posts youtube videos of people who are complete idiots like those guys there...

I like how he states, how this guy in the end of the video, was an idiot pointing a laser at a helicopter, but the uploader himself has absolutely no idea how dangerous lasers actually are..

I have seen some pretty dumb "reviews" on youtube done by kids, that i would post but sadly i allways just closed the videos, the stupidity was to much for me to watch..

Last edited:
yep and this is why legislation keeps getting more and more strict .. people dont understand the dangers and stupidity follows shortly after.

There should be a complete section just for youtube laser abuse. I found this gem by just typing in laser abuse!

There should be a complete section just for youtube laser abuse. I found this gem by just typing in laser abuse!

Yea, would be nice or maybe a sticky thread.

The first "review" i watched was some 12 yo kid who burned electrical tape about 20 cm away from his face with a 405 or 445 nm laser. I could clearly see the reflections from the tape on his face... so dumb..

Last edited:
Well I'm glad i didn't do any sort of double post! I just wanted to make sure that lasers need to be respected for what they are!!
RESPECT THE LASER!!! ha!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

So this was at the dinner party after setup before selem 2009.
This has been posted many times before on LPF and PL
This got a lot of bad publicity back then as well. I heard about this at selem 2010 when they were still talking about it.

Wow damn that must be the most stupid video ive seen with lasers what the hell were they thinking ???

diachi

In the description:

This video was taken at the SELEM 2009 dinner party. We had the heli and the pointers so why not! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO AIM LASER POINTERS AT REAL HELICOPTERS! IT'S STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BUSTED! PhotonLexicon and it's members are highly against the misuse and abuse of laser pointers.

I don't think these guys were too worried about pointer reflections seeing as they were at a LEM and probably spent all day in a room being blasted by multiwatt projectors.

Not that I think that Adam posting the video is a good idea, others might get bad ideas from it! But these guys do know what they're doing.

Last edited:
If the title was "what not to do with lasers" thatd be different. They make it seem like a fun safe time. Not every youtuber reads the description