Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MORE laser beam pictures!

I fixed my X-105 and it works like new! The only difference is that it does not get dirty as easily but has a little bit of scatter. Plus I can rotate the little metal plate the lens is glued to to adjust it for focus or collimation. I got lazy so I did not make it externally adjustable.
Here are a few more photos I took tonight:

My laser with a red LED
DSC04314.jpg

A Christmas tree
DSC04301.jpg

Burning Plastic
DSC04290.jpg

Burning Plastic again
DSC04288.jpg

...and again
DSC04285.jpg

Adjusted to make the beam look solid, but slightly transparent
DSC04275.jpg

A bit of IR from a 5mW on low batteries
DSC04273.jpg

Laser torch flame!
DSC04271.jpg

And the plain old beam
DSC04260.jpg

How exactly did you do that? My 55 has an odd shaped halo around it (Not the ordinary dust halo you see)

Its pretty ugly and is pissing me off, but i cant seem to find any way to get rid of it....... I dont know whether it is the lens or something else......

Its a Sony Cybershot. I forget what exact model but its 7.2 Mp. The settings were on Program auto and a few on just Auto. I just set it to whatever looks closest to real or whatever looks cool. I try not to make the beam look brighter than it really is (unless I use fog). It's not really a photography camera; more just for snapshots, but I try to make the best of it. :)

Oh...
Steel Rain:
When I point my laser at a surface within a few centimeters, the reflections from the object reflect off the gold aperture cap and make a halo... Or when I look at the dot it appears to have an aura around it even when the lens is clean. Those are the only halos I have seen on my laser. If you clean the lens and it doesn't go away I don't know what it could be. The lens on pretty much any laser is adjustable. My laser's lens cracked so I replaced it and removed the glue that kept the lens fixed in place so now I can adjust it.

How difficult was it to break/remove the glue that holds the lens in place to make it adjustable? Just wondering because I just ordered a CNI 150 and I'd like to make it externally focusable.

Hey, great pics! Where do you get the orange clamp things on your laser barrel?

RattleHead said:
How difficult was it to break/remove the glue that holds the lens in place to make it adjustable? Just wondering because I just ordered a CNI 150 and I'd like to make it externally focusable.

The glue wasn't that tough, but it was a pain in the ass to remove the little adjustable metal thing (I don't know the proper term for it) I had to use a needle to remove the pieces of glue that were stuck in between the threading. By the way, the lens the laser comes with cannot be adjusted for focus. I used a very nice plano-convex lens I stole from a broken digital camera.

Hey, great pics! Where do you get the orange clamp things on your laser barrel?

Thanks! I was asked that last time I posted pics... they are "cable cuffs." I got them at Home Depot. I use a bit of Velcro wrapped around the inside for padding on the button and for a more secure fit. It's noticeable on the picture before the IR one.

Switch

You can use the lens from the camera to collimate it?