Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

moar Space...

Man, I've been MIA here a while. Life just happens. I burn my Argon-Ion through its squats and pilates and think of LPF. I light up my low powered solid states and think of LPF. I take some greenies out to locate stars and think of LPF. I stare at my host shells, diode test loads, and bench equipment and think of LPF. I miss you guys.

The truth is, the Mrs and I are building our first home this year and it's consuming all my spare cycles and disposable income. I just wanted to check in and let you know that I'm around and looking forward to diving back into the acquisition, appreciation, construction, and review of laser toys both portable and bench in the year to come. I just have had a lot on my plate this last few months.

This past weekend was a new moon and also (serendipitously) a clear night with great temps, so I went out to image. I have had an inch to do some wider field imaging this year and never really just did it. This weekend was the time. I used a 70mm lens to capture a very large area of the Cygnus region centered around the North American nebula. It's called that for looking like its namesake. Interesting tidbit - the region along the Texas, Mexico and Yucatan resembling parts of the nebula is called "The Cygnus Wall" and is actually the most active star birthing area of the nebula. This is presented in a modified SHO palette - which means the light captured with Sulfur II, Hydrogen Alpha, and Oxygen III narrowband filters are mapped to the Red, Green, and Blue channel respectively to create the color schema seen. This is usually done to show representation of the different wavelengths emitted by the emission nebula with clearer differentiation. I just think it looks cool.

Anyway, have an awesome week, peeps. Be well.
/clayton

NGC7000.jpg

Last edited:

Gabe

Welcome back!! I think I may have joined and become a regular member within the time you were gone :crackup:

Good to see you back KapHn8d :)

Whilst the forum has been devoid of your presence it hasn't been without reason.
Your family comes first so don't feel like you have to rush getting back anytime soon.

I wouldn't worry though, not much has happened since you were gone :shhh:

Thanks, fellas... it's all "work in progress".

/c

ps. it's amazing how useful a nice handheld laser is when doing this sort of photography during the alignment stage of setting up...

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Awesome photo Kap! I can't believe I missed this thread till now.
Be sure and stop in occasionaly and keep us updated with any new photos, and good luck with your new home build. :beer:

Last edited: