Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

mini drivers

can you guys please help me find any super small drivers that i could make or buy. just send links, and please tell me what type of LD's they are used for

rkcstr

First, it would be good to indicate what sort of laser diode you're trying to power and with what type of power source.

But, here's what's available:

1.  DrLava's Lavadrive2 (AKA FlexDrive).  $20 (plus $3 S&H).  Output ranges of 32-200mA or 100-500mA at a any input voltage of 2.5-5.5V (up to 6V with added diode) and any output voltage within same range.  12x12mm, fits in Aixiz module with trimming of the board to 10x12mm.

2. Micro-Drive (that I make).  $7.25 (for fixed output) or $10 (for adjustable output, 27-430mA or smaller range also available), plus $2 shipping in US, ~$3 International.  Input voltage of ~5-5.5V for red diode, ~7-7.5V for violet diode, or 2.25V+ your diode voltage.  Output voltage capable of ~1.5-9V. 9.25x17.5mm in size, able to fit in Aixiz module.

These are the only two options (that I know of) currently available on this forum.  You should check out each thread to read about each one to get a better idea of which is better for your application.

daguin

rkcstr said:
First, it would be good to indicate what sort of laser diode you're trying to power and with what type of power source.

But, here's what's available:

1. DrLava's Lavadrive2 (AKA FlexDrive). $20 (plus $3 S&H). Output ranges of 32-200mA or 100-500mA at a any input voltage of 2.5-5.5V (up to 6V with added diode) and any output voltage within same range. 12x12mm, fits in Aixiz module with trimming of the board to 10x12mm.

2. Micro-Drive (that I make). $7.25 (for fixed output) or $10 (for adjustable output, 27-430mA or smaller range also available), plus $2 shipping in US, ~$3 International. Input voltage of ~5-5.5V for red diode, ~7-7.5V for violet diode, or 2.25V+ your diode voltage. Output voltage capable of ~1.5-9V. 9.25x17.5mm in size, able to fit in Aixiz module.

These are the only two options (that I know of) currently available on this forum. You should check out each thread to read about each one to get a better idea of which is better for your application.

I don't think that the flexdrive can be trimmed enough to fit inside the module. It can be trimmed enough to fit inside an LEDLight, but IIRC the ID of these lights is about the same diameter as the OD of an aiXiz module.

Peace,
dave

rkcstr

daguin said:
I don't think that the flexdrive can be trimmed enough to fit inside the module. It can be trimmed enough to fit inside an LEDLight, but IIRC the ID of these lights is about the same diameter as the OD of an aiXiz module.

Peace,
dave

Oh, my bad... I'm was thinking if you carefully trimmed it, it may, as the inner diameter of the module is just about 10mm (measured a couple of mine at 9.96mm and 9.99mm). But, I don't have one, so I'll take Daguin's word on it.