Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Melles Griot Laser Pumping Module 673nm on eBay

Do you need crystals? I know a good source of really nice large ones with set screw adjustment...

Oooh. I'm certainly interested. Are they separate or bonded crystals? What AR coatings if any? and what's their maximum recommend power output?

JLSE

Do you need crystals? I know a good source of really nice large ones with set screw adjustment...

Do you have any specs on them? Some pics would be cool if you have...

Ive got a few left from a while back that yield approx 30% efficiency at best (granted they dont lose any quality in storage)

What type of input can they take and whats the pricing like?

I dont need them in a mount, just the plain sets would suffice.
But let me know either way.

dnar

Oooh. I'm certainly interested. Are they separate or bonded crystals? What AR coatings if any? and what's their maximum recommend power output?
As you will see, he is selling one that takes 20W IR for 1W 532... :drool:

As you will see, he is selling one that takes 20W IR for 1W 532... :drool:

5% efficiency isn't anything to brag about. As Wannaburn says, good quality crystals used properly can yield up to 30% efficiency.

And reading the guys replies to his feedback.. he seems like kinda.. well.. a dick.. I know if I started calling customers idiots at work when things didn't go exactly right, it wouldn't take long before we had no customers left.

I know the internet does not equal real life, but there's still no reason not to remain professional when doing business with someone.

Last edited:
Snoctony has a set claiming 8W from a 15W pump for 60$ Areodynamic2006 is claiming 1W from 20W?? Wonder what the Nd % is on these... :eek:

Have a look at snoc's set

2%Nd:YVO4 Laser crystal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - eBay Industrial Lasers, Lighting Lasers, Industrial Supply MRO, Business Industrial. (end time 31-Aug-10 01:20:38 AEST)

Actually if you look at the desc, it says the 8W was off a .5% crystal. It says the 2%, which is what this particular auction is, is good for 200mw.

More than likely he just uses the same description for various listings with different crystals, and just has all the info for them all in a single listing as to not have to type multiple descriptions.

One benefit to aerodynamic2006's listing though is that the it included pretty much everything to build a green other than the pump and i'm sure you'd want good TEC's as well.

HUGE ND:YVO4 KTP 532nm GREEN LASER CAVITY LENS/KIT - eBay, Other, Electrical Test Equipment, Business Industrial. (end time 21-Aug-10 20:22:12 AEST)

I notice this one also states it can make .6W of 532 with 3W of pump. 20% efficiency isn't super great, but it's a lot better than the 5% above heh. He claims it's good for up to 30W of pump input as well, so at the same efficiency, that's 6W of green.

However.. after looking at his replies to feedback, and just that his numbers seem to change auction to auction, i'm not sure i'd buy from him personally.. but if the specs are even close to what that auction states, $292 isn't a bad price for what's there.

*edit* maybe we should start a thread in the green forum to talk about this? Instead of the red one. :D

Last edited:

JLSE

Thought id update... I received the module, hooked it up and its looking good.

The diode is the Q-package according to the number on the actual LD assembly.
The TEC is not visible through the window, but the connections check out, and
it works.

It also came with a spec sheet, the LD is from Coherent and puts out 509mW of 673nm
@ 960mA.

It came with the test data from Coherent, including the spectrum scan results.
The laser is mint, and unused. The beam is a square at 20 feet, which looks like
a 1'x1' box.

The collimator is glued, and am going to try and adjust. Seeing as this was meant for pumping,
the output beam is set to a tight focus close to the prism.

The lens looks to be a glass aspheric, and the prism pair is pristine. No scratches
or finger prints etc.

An excellent deal for the price, but will probably be installing a 1W 635nm in place
of the 673nm.

The coating on the prism's are for red, but want to also try passing a 445nm through it
to see how much loss, and how well it cleans up the beam.

It will make for a good comparison to DrLavas correction lenses when they arrive...
I wont be able to compare power loss, but shape alone...

Very pleased with this little guy :beer:

HIMNL9

Snoctony has a set claiming 8W from a 15W pump .....

WTF ???

As far as i know, there's no DPSS units that go over 28% efficency, and this in lab controlled environment ..... in "standard" environment at ambient temperatures, it must be, if i recall correctly, around 20 to 22% .....

That, incidentally, means that you can obtain 8W of 532nm, yes, but with at least 40W of 808nm, not sure from 15W ..... or snochina may have discovered a new magical substance that INCREASE the energy that you pump inside, giving you more power than the one you push in (remember that, other the fact that THEORICALLY (and only theorically) you can never obtain more than 50% of the 1064nm input, cause for give you a 532nm photon, you need to "sum" the energy of 2 of the 1064nm ones), there are also the loss from the 808nm>1064nm conversion, the loss caused from the natural absorption and dispersions from the 2 crystals, from the AR coating of the facets, from the part of the photons that go converted in heat, and so on .....

8W of 532nm from 15W of 808nm, means 106% of efficence ..... ;) :D

BTW, if it makes matters any worse, if the crystals aren't in perfect alignment it won't lase or lase in a crappy high-order mode.

That's why it's not advisable to rip modules apart and sell it as a 'kit'.