Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Meierlight GB: feeling for interest in green or red lab style HP (1.5-2w) lasers

Hi everyone,
After taking almost a year off from lasers and the forum (rearing a new addition to the family) I recently pulled the box of laser parts out of the closet and started tinkering again. I realize now I regret selling the 1800mw green labby i picked up from Meierlight last year.

I looked through their website trying to find a similar unit at a similar price and didn't see anything like I had before. I ended up shooting them an email asking if they still carried the 1800mw green for around $850 and recently got an answer.

They carry several models not listed on their website it appears, and as it turns out they still carry this model and others for decent prices. I recently sent another email asking them what their best prices would be if multiple units were purchased at once. Obviously it varies from model to model and color to color, but I believe I can work a deal with them for a quantity buy on one or more models.

My primary interest is to replace my green 1800mw with an equal or more powerful unit. I also am interested in picking up a 1300-1500mw red labby at a good price.

What I am trying to accomplish today is to see if there is any interest in a GB for either or both of these colors around the powers mentioned. If you have interest, but these powers are not where you want them, let me know and we can try to work out an agreement on a different power or see if they will give me a range of powers to choose from and still get a significant discount.

When I bought my last green from them over a year ago I was able to get them down on the price by around $100 (total discount with shipping free from them) just by contacting them and asking. Although I haven't got a clear commitment from them for reasons of not knowing how many will be requested, I believe we should be able to get a 20% to 25% discount from list, possibly more. Once I've got an estimate of how many units we are looking for I will negotiate them down to the absolute lowest. I will also BCC all email communications between them and myself to all interested and potential participants in a GB.

I would like to see an 1800mw green around $$750 and a 1300mw red around $650. An 1600mw green for $650 and a 1500mw red for around $750 would be my alternate targets. Who knows, maybe all four could be done with enough interest.

At the moment I am waiting on a reply from them after asing for prices on an 1800mw green and a 1500mw red if I bought 1,5, or 10 of either and a price if twenty total were ordered. Hoping for a response tonight or in the morning (they were probably asleep when I emailed them today)

Shoot me a PM if you are even remotely interested and capable of a purchase over the next month. If you want to be BCC'd on my conversations with Meierlight include your email in the PM and I will email all communications I have had and will have with them.

Thanks for looking, I look forward to any input or questions.

Jmillerdoc

Their website is meierlight

I would be in for a big red- BUT favor lower nm like 636 nm as 700mW 638 is as bright or brighter than 1W of 650 etc.
My need is analog and must have a beam thin enough work with my present Gs 1Wers
I may want two and cube them so as i have three PJs under construction or being upgraded I may need many more- I found a cheap red at Spacelas a 1W that maes 1130mW but its 650nm and a boxy big spot (C mount maybe) so where I end up using that one I want to cube it with a 638..

Also Ive learned a lot about hosting GBs so if i can help you just ask-
My LASERKING GB is ending now- full color w/ case, EXPRESS ship, and 10 M ilda cable for only $1248-- bestest deal I have ever seen--