Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Measure the power of my laser ?

CTRfn2

HI there mates :beer:

How can I built a device to measure the power of my laserbtb 300mw 532nm ???

what materials I will need ?

Best regards

I suggest highly you talk to Trevor first or laserbee Jerry its 4 am here I'm really tired i grabbed this in a hurry these guys know the every in and out of what you need to know along with ARG, Things,living loud and many other senior forum members I'm sure i missed some sorry ..you will have to buy a LPM laser power meter making one doesn't really seem to be an option .

Last edited:

CTRfn2

thanks I just want a cheap device to measure the power to have an idea about it.

I wiil try to talk with that guys, and i hope a little help from them eheh ;)

:beer:

Generally a couple hundred dollars ish will get you a LPM that is accurate and reliable,

Last edited:
There's no cheaper method than sending it to a member with a LPM. There's a stickied thread in this section of members willing to do it. Just get in contact with one of them.

That said, there's no way you can accurately tell the power without a LPM. There are countless threads asking "how can I without a LPM", all leading to complete chaos and ending with a LPM or giving up.

NO4H99

Cheapest you will find one is $60 to $80. You can search "diy lpm" and find a few threads that may come close. A better (more accurate) option would be to look at a Laserbee HLPM II. Google it. Its made by a member of this forum and costs I think around $70. You would need to use a neutral density filter though, as it only goes up to 200mw. If you're willing to spend a little bit more, you can get a Bluefan for $125.

Hmm OK but that lvl of power testing isn't going to keep you going for very long ,better spending more and having it with you for whatever range laser within reason you want to test ...

NO4H99

As ZRaffle said though, if you've only got 1 laser, shipping it to a member will be much cheaper than an lpm.

So true you are right ....I'm just: a collector of colors and want the rainbow i myself have offered to test in my part of the world, most reasonable if you have only one or two lasers ......but most of us get a lot more