Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

**Maybe Another?** GB: LPC-815 Sleds $4.45 300mW Red Laser Diode

Quisp

Re: **Closed Accepting Payments!** Official GB: LPC-815 Sleds $4.45 300mW Red Laser D

Drake-

My five arrived today in NorCal in fine shape.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Mark

Re: **Closed Accepting Payments!** Official GB: LPC-815 Sleds $4.45 300mW Red Laser D

Package arrived! Thanks!

rockz

Mine arrived! Thanks for setting it up.

2 of mine were a bit...mishandled? The tag was blurred like water had been in contact with it and the components had a layer of dirt or something on it? Hopefully the diode wasn't affected.

Thanks again

Got mine too, Thanks for setting this up.

Styro, PP sent last night for 5 bucks extra to cover the international shipping.
thanks for the effort :)

Got my sleds yesterday. Thanks.

Got my pack of 20 today - all look good. Thanks!

My package arrived.
Got one up and running.

Some of the sleds looked like they were banged around a bit.

Thanks for organizing this, styro.

^ I noticed that also, on one of my sleds the red diode was already detached from the sled hanging on by the ribbon cable. Luckily we only need these for the laser diodes inside and not to repair DVD burners.

lam0r

I would suggest taking the sleds out of hte boxes for the 10, 15, 20 quantities with flat rate shipping if you haven't already considered or done so. THanks for sending them. It's great.

If I do another GB I'm just gonna ship the red diode so all shipping will cost the same.

All are shipped except for Oxo and Toke. I have not received a PM back from Oxo about his shipment and Toke has asked me to hold his shipment.

Toke

Danish post offices are not too understanding of people who are at work for weeks at a time. They tend to send back packages if you are not there to receive them.

Nice of you to arrange the GB and be flexible with shipping. :)

lam0r

I've already lost 2 of these new diodes in the process of getting my first laser built. I need to get some connectors for the pins because some solder dribbled off onto one and destroyed it. The other I think was overpowered at 382mA. Hmm.

Is it normal when you test the sleds with diode in sled that it produces a red circle with a grid on it?

Got my sleds today also! Thanks for making this GB successful Styropyro :thanks:

Is it normal when you test the sleds with diode in sled that it produces a red circle with a grid on it?
Yes, that is common with every laser sled. It happens because the objective lens at the front of the sled has a concentric circle pattern engraved on the lens. Take the lens off, and you should get a relatively normal beam profile.

lam0r

I just went through 4 of my 5 today. Wow I feel so wastful. I thought I'd have some left to spare. I lost my last one because I accidently let the capacitor discharge through the diode.. The itme before that I had it working great with some little copper connector wires (no solder) but they came loose so I tried to solder them and the heat or something must've gotten to the diode. I'm scared now to finish the other one but I'm so excited. Could someone makes some suggestions? Tomorrow I was going ot go to RadioShack for LED diode pins. Will these work okay? Any soldering advice or wire gauge advice?

EDIT: I went for it and got it. used a vice grip to hold the diode really still while soldering. I think that was my main issue is keeping the diode still and clean. I bumped it up to 380mA but I wish my optics didn't have such glare. Maybe that's normal.

Is it somewhat safe to burn with red without glasses? what about sunglasses to block out the intensity? I know that it won't protect me frmo exposure. I don't think the beam will be reflected back off of a leaf enough to cause issues.

Last edited:

Harvested my first one and it works. Now to order some drivers before I disassemble the rest. Lots of little optics pieces to play with and also don't forget to remove the two Nd magnets from the diode pickup. Can never have enough of those magnets.