Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

May have found a alternate unit for 405nm in my rainbow..

A word of caution. I've had to send back a few CNI lasers. (Not that they fail a lot - I've just had a LOT of CNI lasers; so I roll the dice a lot.)

While CNI's repair rates are usually rather reasonable, shipping to china is UNREAL. I think it cost me $180 to send back a 532 PGL-C, and the only reason I did it was that it was a ~$700 500mW unit to begin with.

At this point in the game, really, go with LG.

Alright, thank you aryntha :) sounds like Im going to go with LG then :)

Have you considered building a higher powered 405nm laser? They can be built for much less than 130$ and you can get up to 700mw. Just suggesting cause it seems the highest power l.a.s.e.r. You own is 5mw.......

Have you considered building a higher powered 405nm laser? They can be built for much less than 130$ and you can get up to 700mw. Just suggesting cause it seems the highest power l.a.s.e.r. You own is 5mw.......

Exactly my point.

sure but it just is annoying how much money will be wasted on these. it drives me nuts. its like if someone strapped you down and started throwing dogs in a blender. How wasteful! i know they are nothing alike but the point is there. you are literally thowing money away. or burning it. or flushing.

sure but it just is annoying how much money will be wasted on these. it drives me nuts. its like if someone strapped you down and started throwing dogs in a blender. How wasteful! i know they are nothing alike but the point is there. you are literally thowing money away. or burning it. or flushing.

This is what I'm saying as well.

Well I personally don't feel like I am throwing money away, I have no knowledge in DIY lasers and would most likely break the diode if I even tried to make one, I rather buy pre-made units and be sure the quality is there instead of making one and having it break :undecided:

people like DTR have made DIY as easy as two seconds assembly time. you can suck at soldering AND still build. I will do custom builds you nice folks just have to ask. Back on subject it takes maybe 30 minutes and no prior experience. its that easy.

Hum...I'll think about it cant. Im really not into the whole "DIY" thing, It's just it dosen't attract me for some reason, but I will definitely think about what you said :)

Would you know any place where 5mW 405nm diode are sold?

And Flutter,

All you have been doing is been rude and unhelpful, would you please be helpful or else not post? Thank you.

5mw? no idea. seeing as how most of my work is now focused on my oldest hobby (inverts and reptiles) The diodes i do look at are fairly decent powered. not much that low powered. i could set you up with some killer 5mw 680nm diodes :)

5mw? no idea. seeing as how most of my work is now focused on my oldest hobby (inverts and reptiles) The diodes i do look at are fairly decent powered. not much that low powered. i could set you up with some killer 5mw 680nm diodes :)

Oh...I would like to see them. The more 5mW lasers the better ;)

well they are diodes. if you want i could sandwich one ever so gently in an AixiZ and put that beauty in a nice host. or i could just hook you up with a bare diode lol. PM me

we've tried KRNAZNBOY. he wont budge. Nice sipik 68 hosts by the way ;)

Ah...unfortunate. He has yet to experience the awesomeness of holding a light saber. 5mw of 405nm will BARELY be visible... Esp at 27$ per milliwatt...

Btw cantthinkofone,,, thanks!

people like DTR have made DIY as easy as two seconds assembly time. you can suck at soldering AND still build. I will do custom builds you nice folks just have to ask. Back on subject it takes maybe 30 minutes and no prior experience. its that easy.

It truly is very, VERY easy. heck, if its the soldering you are scared about, you could hot glue the wires together....don't recommend that in the slightest, but it could be done lol.

DTR sells diode+driver combos, where you get the diode pre-pressed into an aixiz module, attached to a driver set at the appropriate current. all you have to do is solder the two driver leads to your host, in whatever way you need-for pens (you can get very nice pen kits from Jayrob for ~15$ shipped) all you need is to solder one wire to the switch board, and make the other contact the host in some way- i just used some glue for mine.

Will save you a lot of money, and especially for 405nm, will give you a lot more visibility....I have had a few true 5mW 405's, and they are pitiful. Can't hardly see them in the daytime, absolutely no beam, it's just sad. But, go with a custom build, and you could easily get 500-700mW.

PM me if you have any questions about pen builds, I have done a few, and I would be happy to help :)