Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Maxwell - Laser Synth & Abstract Generator

Hi LPF... I would like to introduce you to my new application that has just been released for both OS X and Windows

HPqjLOT.png

It is called Maxwell, and it is a laser software synth / abstract generator. It supports direct output to an Ether Dream DAC - for real-time, live performance, and also supports saving output to an ILDA file - for import into any IDLA player. It also supports popping open the OpenGL preview window into a full-screen external window for use with Video Projector systems - for those who don't have an actual laser projector.

Here is a brief overview of the features:

• 6 independent oscillators broken up into 2 discrete 3D waveform generators
  • Full hardware accelerated OpenGL preview window (can also route output to separate window for use in Video Projector/VJ setups)
  • Native support for Ether Dream DAC
  • LFOs which can be routed to modulate amplitude of each oscillator
  • Solid color output or modulatable color with HSL modulation (Hue, Saturation, Lightness)
  • FX section, including a translator, rotator, and duplicator, and scaler.
  • User adjustable blanking and dwell optimization
  • Record to ILDA file
  • MIDI Controller support with fully integrated MIDI learn capability

Here is a youtube video of a live performance I recorded - where I am using an AKAI APC-40mkII as a MIDI controller:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR9JPYEeRWU

More info can be found an the Maxwell homepage:

https://bluefang.itch.io/maxwell

Attachments

• window-800.png
    window-800.png
    254.3 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

I will be buying this offering !!! This is an amazing project....so 30 bucks for the software....and one must buy the Ether Dream DAC.....POOF...you can now literally generate thousands of abstract works !

What a deal !!

Thank you BF !

CDBEAM=======>

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of fun, but my old projectors are....old, one is a 100mw green...just green.