Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Making plain PCB's "parallel or series in designation"

This upcoming week I will try my hand at Eagle, since this past week I got over the flu. Both the making my own boards by using veroboards with copper and etchant , and getting custom boards made have their pros and cons. Once I feel comfortable with the program I will make my decision. Thanks guys for all your help thus far :wave:
~Jeremy

Eagle is good if electronics is your hobby and you need to make boards for different projects. It's a good program, but when you get to the board part after you enter your schematic, you'll need to move components around before using the autorouter function. A small change in component placement has a huge effect on the autorouter. Also remember to set the autorouter to SS if this is what you are doing. If you don't want to etch and drill your own boards, there are services that accept Eagle files and will do boards up for you. It depends on how many boards that you will be making. Took me the better part of a day to get a good grip on using Eagle for SS boards and get used to component placement, the autorouter, and figuring the best settings on my laser printer for doing the toner transfer method.