Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MagLite Solitaire LED Upgrade Mod

They look great! Hey maybe one of these can make an awesome light lol. :D
P6210020.jpg

P6210021.jpg

Dost thou hath any high powered LEDth that could fit in this mod.....eth?

I have a bunch of 3mm LEDs, but if the reflector gets drilled out it could fit a 0.5W 5mm LED, they are mighty bright. I have one white and one warm white.

I have a bunch of 3mm LEDs, but if the reflector gets drilled out it could fit a 0.5W 5mm LED, they are mighty bright. I have one white and one warm white.

Thing is that the cell batts. would be eaten too fast.. There HAS to be a way to use another battery..

scion

HAHA!!!
Nice FireMyLaser!

Love the LED collection! =D

Yes, 5mm LEDs DO fit these with a reflector grinded out to fit it.
I considered the 5mm LEDs but i figured i would have more success selling the kits if the buyer barely had to do any work! lol.

However, I'm going to eventually fool around with one of these once i finish all my kits and use up all these LEDs. lol.

scion

Thing is that the cell batts. would be eaten too fast.. There HAS to be a way to use another battery..

Yes it is very possible to use a 12v M21/23 Battery with a higher Resistor.

You need atleast 3.0v to power these LEDs and im assuming you may go much higher as long as you have a resistor capable to keep the voltage flow 3.0v~ to prevent burning the LED.

However, I've been told that the batteries, when you have much higher voltage, they get drained faster as well. i guess it still puts out 12v but the resistor drains it or something.

So, I've find that these button batteries at 4.5v with resistor are perfect.

scion

I've been leaving the flashlight on for extended periods of time just to see how well it does. So far I have not noticed any heat whatsoever from either bulb or batteries. so thats a great sign.

Also, No change in brightness at all.

From what I've read you can get about 3-3.5 hours from a "stock" maglite Solitaire running a AAA battery.

If i can gain atleast 3 hours with this kit, i'm happy!
I wouldnt recommend using it for that long at any rate anyway. lol. i dont see the point for that lol.

scion

They look great! Hey maybe one of these can make an awesome light lol. :D
P6210020.jpg

P6210021.jpg

BTW, I need to get something like this to keep myself organized while working with all these LEDs. I'll have 100+ and I will need some type of organization! lol...

What type of material is that grey foam stuff they are all sticking in? just regular foam padding?

I plan on offering both. The kit will be $5
If you want complete Flashlight and kit it will prolly be about $12
The color of flashlight is limited to what I can fond in stores. I believe I can get Silver, Black, Pewter, Blue, Red, and for +$2.00 I can get Pink.

Okay, well once you get all of your LEDs and stuff, I'd be willing to pay for a full kit. Will you be offering different colored LEDs as well? If so, I'll take a pewter flashlight with a blue LED. If not, I'll still take a black one.

scion

BTW, I need to get something like this to keep myself organized while working with all these LEDs. I'll have 100+ and I will need some type of organization! lol...

What type of material is that grey foam stuff they are all sticking in? just regular foam padding?
ESD foam.

scion

Just shipped some orders out the other day!
If anyone else interested in some let me know, I guess i should go ahead and get some more pics up of the other colors soon! lol