Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Magenta Laser

I have a PS3 KES sled and want to know if it is possible to hook up both the red LD and the Blu ray LD to a low range rkcstr? Will the driver still deliver constant current to both. I think Voltage might be a problem though.

Voltage will be a problem.. you'll need two drivers. I am not sure what the end result will be, though, or if it will meet your expectations. That part I will leave to the experts:)

Ace82

You will not be able to collimate both beams identically, that's the real killer of this concept. On the sled, IIRC, there is a lens selector that switches when it's going from red to blu-ray. Basically, these LD's are not designed to have more then one crystal lase at a time. You will not be able to focus it to one beam, plus the LD's could over heat allot faster too.

diachi

Glaserfan said:
Voltage will be a problem.. you'll need two drivers. I am not sure what the end result will be, though, or if it will meet your expectations. That part I will leave to the experts:)

It's been done before actually .

redblu038-1.jpg

FML_01

It's generally hard to collimate them into a good beam and still have them focusing to the same size of point at the same distance, because both wavelengths have different focal points. You could achieve the same results but with a better beam using separate diodes and a beam combiner cube.

-Adam

those cubes are tough to work with, for me anyway, I'm still struggling to make yellow

Yeah yellow would be nice, but I've never seen a pink laser on the market. That color seems more rare.

Maybe a build with two aixiz modules and beam splitters in a radio shack case. It wouldn't be sleek like a pointer but still unique. :D

Especially if you want the whole spectrum.

Xplorer877 said:
Yeah yellow would be nice, but I've never seen a pink laser on the market. That color seems more rare.

Maybe a build with two aixiz modules and beam splitters in a radio shack case. It wouldn't be sleek like a pointer but still unique. :D

Especially if you want the whole spectrum.
yea go for that, unique is always a good idea

So basically you need a red and a blu-ray and a cube to combine them.

(can you buy a 405 and 650 specific cube? how much would it cost?)