Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Made a Wicked Lasers Order & Need Help

System32

Hey guys I'm new here :p

Yeah I made a order on WickedLasers I know there are better options for cash payed I just wanted the Arctic S3 3.5 Watt laser always wanted one
I ordered on the 3rd of May and they say they shipped on the 7th of May and they gave me a tracking number,
They did not say who with but it looks like DHL and its a valid waybill number now there is no tracking available on DHL
"(Not found): No result found for your DHL query. Please try again. "

I waited patiently now 3 days later I get annoyed that there still no tracking, I message Wicked Lasers and ask them whats going on then they tell me its with FedEx! and that I need to track by reference,
So then i go ahead and try tracking it and guess what
"Unfortunately we are unable to retrieve your tracking results at this time. Please try again later. "
you can enter any valid postcode info or reference and this is what you get so i'm worried they either screwed up or something is wrong with the delivery, I still believe its a DHL number they gave me so I am tracking normally and by reference on FedEx and DHL I tried my order number and a UNumber they gave me and the tracking number even email, name and phone number just in case it could be one of them,

I'm waiting for a response back from WL now, I made sure they know they need to double check and stuff, also i contacted DHL and FedEx, DHL told me the number looks like one of there's and FedEx i'm still waiting currently.

Has anyone a Issues like this with Wicked Lasers or similar companies from China

Last edited:

Encap

What is it you imagine anyone on LPF can say or do about it---
Do you imagine LPF is an extension of Wicked Lasers shipping department or the carriers they use?

Please make a Welcome post in the Welcome subforum

Shipments can take up to 48hrs (sometimes more) for the tracking number to be updated and in the website. Relax, wait a few days and if you're still getting nothing then at that point it could be a cause for concern.

System32

What is it you imagine anyone on LPF can say or do about it---
Do you imagine LPF is an extension of Wicked Lasers shipping department or the carriers they use?

Please make a Welcome post in the Welcome subforum
Dude Calm down I thought i would join in here since this is a community of people that buy and talk everything related about lasers,
I'm sharing my experience on here if someone is looking into buying from WL they will see maybe its not a good idea, or they will see there not alone having the same issue,
i thought someone on here would know something about WL Shipping or China shipping
What am i suppose to do go to a football forums and ask them if they know anything about buying lasers from china
All i'm looking for is other people with experience with this stuff and maybe point me in the right direction

P.S I will be posting there it's normal etiquette with forums just have not got round to doing it yet

Last edited:

System32

Shipments can take up to 48hrs (sometimes more) for the tracking number to be updated and in the website. Relax, wait a few days and if you're still getting nothing then at that point it could be a cause for concern.
Yeah its 4 days now and it seems weird they are very short in there messages and not very informative I know people hate WL because of there shipping, my past experiences were great when buying from china 2-3 days shipping normally with expedited shipping and my order is should to be expedited they say

Yeah its 4 days now and it seems weird they are very short in there messages and not very informative I know people hate WL because of there shipping, my past experiences were great when buying from china 2-3 days shipping normally with expedited shipping and my order is should to be expedited they say

If you are going to post here then DON'T double post.

You say that you know this and that as if you have read here so you should know better, apparently you don't respect our rules or our evaluations of WL.

---edit---

( there messages and there shipping )
( order is should to be expedited they say )

You must work at trampling the Queens proper English just for the sheer merry sport of it, or perhaps you are imitating a drunkard ?

Last edited:

System32

If you are going to post here then DON'T double post.

You say that you know this and that as if you have read here so you should know better, apparently you don't respect our rules or our evaluations of WL.

---edit---

( there messages and there shipping )
( order is should to be expedited they say )

You must work at trampling the Queens proper English just for the sheer merry sport of it, or perhaps you are imitating a drunkard ?

Double post??? Were the hell did I double post if it's in this thread then I was replying to two people and double posting in a thread I'm sure is not against the rules! and also what do you mean about "apparently you don't respect our rules or our evaluations of WL." I have not seen any post here about wickedlasers really only seen stuff on the review page on another site, and what I have been told by my friends, last night 10 mins before my post I found out about LPF and made a account never seen or heard about this place! after a quick scan in the forums I assumed it would be a good place to post.

Not sure if i like this community it appears like it's a pick on the new guys forum, also picking on someone for there grammar lol what a shame them stuff you quoted were mistakes and just screwed up since I deleted and retyped but did not do it properly and the "there" and "their" thing I screw up a lot I'm not even English to start with plus who cares it's not my first language and this is not a formal like a business or alike, I speak a total of 6 languages and learning all languages verbal and grammar perfectly is hard and considering that most people only learn 1 in there life 6 is a respectable number.

My opinion so far is a lot of people here are looking to make a argument and looks down upon new members, you make the place look hostile unfortunately, if you dont like what I posted and something triggered you like a SJW then click the back button and go look for another post to chat on!
ElectricPlasma is the only respectable person on this thread thank you ElectricPlasma there are good people around at least that will give advice and be nice

Anthony P

It takes all kinds.
I have had similar experience with Chinese orders (not WL). I am surprised you got that much info out of them. Orders can sit in customs for days with no info. Packages from DHL sometimes say "Delivered" but that only means to a local carrier. I would suggest just sit tight.

System32

@Anthony P Yeah It sucks I tracked down some tracking numbers from Shanghai China that was posted around the same time via DHL just now and they were posted and picked up on the 7th and are being delivered today around the world, WL says the ship from shanghai shi down the road from the company i been tracking surely there is a problem somewhere because those cleared customs in less than a hour from arriving at customs, I have nothing at all not even a start of a tracking like they never shipped!

I will wait it out then a few more days then if all fails will go ahead and get a Sanwu striker saber 7W its about the same price they say the have 2-5 day shipping with 5-10 days to prepare i just had to get the WL one looks amazing and great attachments

Dude Calm down I thought i would join in here since this is a community of people that buy and talk everything related about lasers,
I'm sharing my experience on here if someone is looking into buying from WL they will see maybe its not a good idea, or they will see there not alone having the same issue,
i thought someone on here would know something about WL Shipping or China shipping
What am i suppose to do go to a football forums and ask them if they know anything about buying lasers from china
All i'm looking for is other people with experience with this stuff and maybe point me in the right direction

P.S I will be posting there it's normal etiquette with forums just have not got round to doing it yet
As Encap stated.... We have no affiliations with Wicked Lasers.
If you had done some research on the Forum before buying from
WL you would have become aware that WL is not a Laser Company
that any knowledgable member would recommend to buy from...

The only one that can reasonably help you would be the Seller
since he is responsible for the package until you receive it.

Double Posting is when you post one post after the other in a
short period of time. It is frowned upon by the Forum Community
and is considered bad Forum etiquette.
You can easily edit or add to ANY of your own posts by using
the [EDIT] button at the bottom left of any of your posts.

Jerry

@ system32

I should not have rushed to judgment about you, in my defense I must admit that I really hate WL and the many dishonest Chinese sellers ( not all of them ) so what I want you to know is that LPF has many kind helpful people and several who .............well several who will test your patience............I should be more patient myself..............and on that note 4 days wait is nothing, I had waited months for WL to deliver while they held my money until I cancelled which is what they wanted as they had raised their price since my purchase 6 months earlier, I view WL as scum and I look at anyone who speaks of their products with a jaundiced eye and as some of our most persistent trolls like to tug on the WL nerve I was not patient with you.

So please enjoy the forum and the nice people here, I will not bother you undeservedly, however I reserve the right to address anything you say that I find inappropriate such as your making light of the very serious crime of pointing a laser at an aircraft as you did in your welcome post, language barrier aside it's no laughing matter.

Last edited:

System32

As Encap stated.... We have no affiliations with Wicked Lasers.
If you had some research on the Forum you would have become
aware that WL is not a Laser Company that any knowledegable
member would suggest to buy from...

The only one that can reasonably help you would be the Seller
since he is responsible for the package until you receive it.

Double Posting is when you post one post after the other in a
short period of time. It is frowned upon by the Forum Community
and is considered bad Forum etiquette.
You can easily edit or add to ANY of your own posts by using
the [EDIT] button at the bottom left of any of your posts.

Jerry
Hey i'm not looking for support obviously, I used "need help" in a wrong way what i should have said was whats your experiences, experience is what I'm am looking for people that has had the same issue with WL or any other company especially based in china, I seen the bad experiences people had even before buying from them but the issue with me is they all ready shipped it but no tracking available and they are no longer replying to me at this time and also they probably screwed up on the delivery who knows, most of the bad reviews are long waits before they get shipped like 2 months, I always wanted the Arctic S3 Its just the best looking and its consistent laser in power and quality with a great attachments, I'm not new to lasers in anyway I own a laser cutting machine and some high power laser modules 20W 40W, just not a power full hand held laser that is any good I tried building one and killed a few diodes and they were frankly a failure every time I will be buying a Sanwu Striker series 7W shortly with all the trimmings if nothing happens with this order

Okay my understanding of double posting is different to yours double posting means posting the message twice in the same thread or posting the same massage in other threads to make sure your message is seen by as many people as possible similar to spamming, the other side of it is maybe if a user does it constantly with the intent of artificially inflate there post count to score more and I have never seen it a issue or enforced if you are replying to maximum of 2 people with long messages

@RedCowboy
Hey thank you I will accept your apology :) takes balls to own up and I respect that thank you again!
Sounds like you had a really bad time with them, I sympathise with you on that, those are the type of reviews I have seen and I was worried that would happen to me, People have had a pleasant experience with them but there is too many bad experiences out there and they are a unstable in there shipping commitment area, I thought I was lucky they shipped sooner than expected for me but still no tracking its should be up and going by now like I said in earlier post I tracked others with dpd from the same area and shipping info received and pickup is same day and delivery is fast weird I know hopefully they will sort it out soon or hopefully DPD tracking is glitched and it will arrive on Monday or something unexpectedly.

Yeah my joke was a bit shit i will admit that :/ haha I'm not a good joker at all thought it was good at the time, hopefully I will never experience a laser strike, I know pilots who have and they do find it blinding effects night vision and possible eye damage and some had to do a emergency landing because the pilot was hit and to get tested to check there vision if is fine before getting back in the air

Last edited:
@RedCowboy
Hey thank you I will accept your apology :) takes balls to own up and I respect that thank you again!
Sounds like you had a really bad time with them, I sympathise with you on that, those are the type of reviews I have seen and I was worried that would happen to me, People have had a pleasant experience with them but there is too many bad experiences out there and they are a unstable in there shipping commitment area, I thought I was lucky they shipped sooner than expected for me but still no tracking its should be up and going by now like I said in earlier post I tracked others with dpd from the same area and shipping info received and pickup is same day and delivery is fast weird I know hopefully they will sort it out soon or hopefully DPD tracking is glitched and it will arrive on Monday or something unexpectedly.

Yeah my joke was a bit shit i will admit that :/ haha I'm not a good joker at all thought it was good at the time, hopefully I will never experience a laser strike, I know pilots who have and they do find it blinding effects night vision and possible eye damage and some had to do a emergency landing because the pilot was hit and to get tested to check there vision if is fine before getting back in the air

I have questioned just how dangerous most accidental laser/aircraft incidents actually are however it is the single biggest threat to our hobby and in the years ahead as lasers become more powerful and available we will face inevitable new laws/restrictions/tyranny and when the news reader talks about stats we need to hear
" Even though more people own more powerful lasers the number of aircraft strikes is only a fraction of what it once was " and not " The problem is worse than ever they must be banned from all but those with a billion dollar insurance policy and ________ numerous licenses and requirements that need annual renewal "

So people need to know how serious it is because, well lets face it, they can't catch them all....yet, although I understand we have some surveillance drones in the air these days and simply star pointing may become off limits, but whatever comes it's our duty to pass the word and not enable the bad behavior. :)

System32

Update on my order! :) I made a nice support ticket explaining everything and that I truly believe they have made a mistake somewhere in the tracking info or shipping and that i have been looking at all shipping companies, Scott from wicked lasers took over my ticket and sorted my tracking info out and gave me a actual tracking number but guess what its not DHL or FedEx he said it was with UPS! and my shipping is scheduled to be delivered on the 17/05/2019

Besides the screw up on the support saying the wrong courier and the lack of detailed information on the original email image below this would be a okay shipping time could be faster on there end to get the package out sooner

UPS Screenshot.png

email screen.png

Last edited:

adalah

Loving this thread, very interesting discussion
o.png

System32

@RedCowboy Most cases with laser strikes nothing bad happens the danger is when the laser hits the pilot or copilot direct in the eyes or when we are coming in on short final at night the green or blue lasers were the danger is at mostly since they destroy night vision of our unaided eyes, the cockpit is dark when on final so we can see the runways clearer just like when driving at night the inside of your car is dark or should be dark, The aviation industry is full of safety protocols and if there is a mare chance of pilots being injured or incapacitated by a laser then protocols are activated like emergency landing
My personal opinion with my experience would be if i got hit and my copilot got hit on short final would be 50/50 on worst case and if only one of us are hit we would be 99% safe since the other guy or me could abort the landing and do a go around and hold until everything can be assured landing is safe
Chance of eye damage since i know a lot about lasers also would be eye damage would be very slim since accuracy of someone holding a laser in are eyes long enough at great distance is next to zero the only danger is the natural night vision in my opinion
The people who do this type of thing are either just stupid and don't know anything about the danger of what they are doing or there trying to cause something, I hope that they don't screw the laws up and stuff in any country I say give more heavy punishments for people who are caught you will never stop it completely more awareness is all that's needed

Edit
Adding on i know some cases are people have been shining it at the cockpit window constantly this is really really! bad! since we will not be able to see anything and most likely be flying blind this very well could make us crash and up to several hundreds of people could be killed and more on the ground

@adalah Indeed a lot happening here lol