Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MAD SCIENTIST Cryogenic laser mayhem extravaganzaaaa :)

engineer.png

Ablaze

Are you new to this electrickery thing? :p

1. Batteries are not electrically "noisy."
2. Noise is kind of the opposite of electrostatic. Static means not moving.
3. Resistors do a VERY poor job of protecting against noise or static electricity.
Once again, irregardless of electric theory, wires that are worn on the body pick up static electricity and move through magnetic fields, they can also be subject to "thermal noise". This can cause failures in equipment or unintended operation.

Last edited:

Ablaze

All I have to say is that that was an extremely immature move cryptogyn. Issuing a down vote simply because you don't or can't understand what I am saying.:tsk:

I never claimed to be a "scientist," what I did claim was to have personally experienced improved performance from a small resister. Your claims that I have no experience with the subject matter are entirely spurious. Wiring on a circuit board is an entirely different matter than wiring on the body.

I did not actually post in this thread to argue. I posted to give good advice, based on personal experience, to someone who asked for it. I respect your right to have a dissenting opinion, but I would greatly appreciate it if you did so with a little maturity.

Last edited: