Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mace of Doom/NUBM41/4.5ASXD/G2/

What a nice beast, boy that looks cool Lifetime. It must feel like a monster in your hand:cool:

Hi GSS,
Actually it is very heavy up front Ed made some serious hosts when he was machining . I miss that guy his hosts were one of a kind the way they were put together. easy to change out if a component failed. Thanks buddy ..

Rich:)

GSS

Hi GSS,
Actually it is very heavy up front Ed made some serious hosts when he was machining . I miss that guy his hosts were one of a kind the way they were put together. easy to change out if a component failed. Thanks buddy ..

I actually had to look and see if you had screwed in the tripod as it sure looked like it was ready to tip over;)

Let me add on this to say at times I don't or do say enough how great some members build. I feel like if I do i'm leaving out praise to others and good LPF friends.
Everyone has a different type of passion from raw power output and the love of burning, beautiful hosts with strong variety of diodes high power or not, those who love to modify anything that can be made into a laser host and imagination and sure madness of constant building, photography and presentation. Every single builder just adds to what we can learn from their passion and "I" always go back to look at old threads for help. Lets not forget all of you who torture and sacrifice diode's for us!! I hope I didn't leave anyone out...

Last edited:
Hi Gss,
Very well said i must say were all in this together helping one another at time of need. this forum is a great tool for learning many ways to modify and adapt to a better build. some folks have different out looks on what they want a build to do which makes this forum unique . You didn't leave anyone out I'm sure we all get the big picture here and many thanks to you also for all your input on issues addressed here . what a great and thoughtful reply buddy..

GSS

Its truly meant. This forum is slowly getting back to being so addicting as just now and so many many others times I put some oatmeal on the stove and started lurking to be reminded I forgot about it with the smoke alarm going off. I guess if anything good is to come from burnt oatmeal is a forum getting back to form:)

Hi Gss,
Hey thanks again for sacrificing the oat meal for the forums cause LOL !! It's nice to see things here getting better very true buddy.

Gowjer

I recently purchased a number 41 and I need to know which side is positive or whatever please help me figure this out thank you

This is an over two year old thread. It isn't the place to ask these questions as you have a thread on your diode too. With the pins looking at you and both closer to the top, the anode is on the right and the cathode is on the left.

Hi G,
You resurrected this thread from the dead yes over 2 yrs old. we have a search bar for ? like this tons of info.
Any way here is your answer

Attachments

• wv5u.jpg
    wv5u.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 3
All these 9 mm diodes have the same polarity. The square notched out of the edge is held down or the pins are to one side and they are held up. This puts the positive, anode, on the right and the cathode on the left.