Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lux-Pro LP600 build

BobMc

I kinda fancy the Lux-Pro lp600 flashlight. After getting a couple of "hot options" in them from JayRob thought I'd give it a try. So I chose a 044 set at 5.0 amps from DTR.Got three heat sinks from Lifetime made of solid copper and four focus adapters
IMG_1127_zpsrax0xt6m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]This is the pill taken out of the host
IMG_1128_zpsgs7unjzh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Picture of the other side of the pill
IMG_1089_zpsh2n5yxsp.jpg
[/URL][/IMGThis is the pill after disassembly and mark off where I need to drill to give the driver board more room
IMG_1096_zpsllegtcw8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]This is measuring the pill/driver making sure after grinding everything has enough room and not hitting the sides
IMG_1099_zpsldaolmmt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]This is getting ready to thermo epoxy the driver in the pill
IMG_1100_zpsrvtipkf8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]This is the driver epoxied in the pill with a clamp waiting for it to harden
IMG_1101_zps141ugcva.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Here we are getting ready to strip the driver board that came with the flashlight,will be using the contact board but don't need the parts
IMG_1103_zps57zjozgu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]DRiver board has been stripped
IMG_1104_zps4wrjxzb2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Other side of the driver board getting ready to drill a hole for the positive wire
IMG_1105_zpshyvtxund.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]the hole is drilled and the spring is soldered on.
IMG_1107_zpshirtguok.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]The driver has hardened wires are cut and stripped ready for the contact board to be soldered on
IMG_1109_zpschmk4dbn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Here the contact board has been soldered on and the ground wire to the case of the pill
IMG_1108_zpsdy2emmpo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]bought some aluminum solder resin made it real easy to solder copper wire to the aluminum pill
IMG_1111_zpsweymaz7u.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Getting ready to solder the module to the pill
IMG_1112_zpsxkvlqlg5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]changed my mind chose to insert the diode in the module first seeing how it was a tight fit ( great for thermo conductivity ) with thermo paste seeing I was running the diode at 5.0 amps needed all the heat exchange I could get
IMG_1113_zps0jacmzoo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]module and pill have been soldered together
IMG_1114_zpssnar0pgl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]another picture of the module and the pill
IMG_1122_zps2jmr8sge.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]getting ready to insert the two 18350's and the battery sleeve in the build
IMG_1117_zpsvftbj41j.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] here a picture of the custom focus adapter Lifetime sent with those beautiful copper sinks
IMG_1116_zpsn5mmkrqb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]And we have photons :)
IMG_1119_zpsmaztecnh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]And a couple of pictures of of completed laser.
IMG_1124_zpslhrg4zwx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1125_zpspxxlrzht.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1126_zpsn5kkgwx8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1120_zpsobblg4td.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Thought I would change out the g2 with a Sanwu g7 I had,it cuts down the divergence about in half, much better dot:yh:Can't wait for dark to give it a try.Hope you enjoy the read!

Last edited:

Hi BM,
Wow came out really great live that host it have weight to it. nice choice of diode in a great package. I will be looking into those hosts soon with a CU sink and knob.Oh great pics they came out really good.. Keep them coming buddy ..

Rich:)

BobMc

Hi BM,
Wow came out really great live that host it have weight to it. nice choice of diode in a great package. I will be looking into those hosts soon with a CU sink and knob.Oh great pics they came out really good.. Keep them coming buddy ..

Thanks Rich, My best build yet!:yh: And that's your copper sink keeping that 044 cool, with your focus adapter to keep my fingers from burning which happened a couple of times before I put it on. Och! Thanks a ton for such great work and at a good price I might add:yh: Thanks for all the help and support as I learn!

hi BM,
Thank you and enjoy your build Help a brother out anytime. Copper is awesome tricky at time and weighs a ton but worth it .
I was just checking out the website for your hosts and they have some cool stuff and they are here in the states ..

BobMc

hi BM,
Thank you and enjoy your build Help a brother out anytime. Copper is awesome tricky at time and weighs a ton but worth it .
I was just checking out the website for your hosts and they have some cool stuff and they are here in the states ..

Thanks again Rich! Will be heading out Wednesday, have parts for one more build, its a Hugsby pen build I got from 94z28, he sent all the parts I needed, but don't know if I'll have time to build it, it might have to wait. Oh well, give me something to look forward to.:drool:

Last edited: