Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LuckLaser dilemma (or trilemma)

So
445nm 2W Ultra Powerful Blue laserpointer Burning laser - $169.00 : Laser Pointer,Green laser,Blue laser, Red laser,Buy Laser Pointers,Cheap laser pointer
2W focusable 445nm, $170+15 for "professional" goggles since I broke old ones.

versus

500mW~1000mw Most powerful green laser Best Burning green laser beam - $280.00 : Laser Pointer,Green laser,Blue laser, Red laser,Buy Laser Pointers,Cheap laser pointer

305$ (goggles, additional power) for 1W of green.

versus
2013 Newest! 300mW~500mW Green Laser Pointer--product promotion! - $119.00 : Laser Pointer,Green laser,Blue laser, Red laser,Buy Laser Pointers,Cheap laser pointer

$105 + $15 + $12 for 500mW of green.

How much more visible will the green one be; is it worth almost twice the price?
If I take the 500mW of green (third link), how much did I really lost in view of visibility of beam versus second link?
Why the huge difference between the green lasers in price, but output seems similar?

Also, does anyone know how long will the promotion last for the green ones?

Last edited:

Encap

I would avoid Lucklaser if possible.

Thre is no way anyone can offer a 500mW 532nm for $280 and the 1000mW for $10 more. Probably what it really is is a 50mW ands 100mW for $10 more.

Would guess the 300-500mW is really 30Mw to 50mW for those prices also

I would investigate better, higher qulity, more knowledgeable suppliers.

Have a look here--they make a very good product: http://www.laserbtb.com/

Also have a look here they make exceptional high quality lasers with long run time duty cycles and their customer service is the best there is.: http://jetlasers.org/

JetLasers have some discounted and currently offered lasers for forum members in a group buy--check out this thread: http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/new-jetlasers-gb-stocked-metered-pl-e-pro-equality-series-ti-b-lasers-85175.html You can't go wrong with a JetLasers product--they are awesome lasers.

Last edited:
i purchased the 2w blue laser and so far it operates well. i would like to get it tested to see if it really pushes out the 2w power.so luck laser is ok and the fact the its back up by a 1 year warranty and there customer service is excellent.encap might be right,so if anybody lives in california area i would gladly pay to get my laser check

Thre is no way anyone can offer a 500mW 532nm for $280 and the 1000mW for $10 more. Probably what it really is is a 50mW ands 100mW for $10 more.

Have a look here--they make a very good product: laserbtb

Also have a look here they make exceptional high quality lasers with long run time duty cycles and their customer service is the best there is.: Buy green lasers, 1W 2W 445nm Blue lasers, 300mW 500mW 405nm Violet Lasers, 2W 808nm 810nm 830nm 980nm 1064nm Infrared Lasers - Jetlasers.org, Online Shop for Jetlasers Products.

JetLasers have some discounted and currently offered lasers for forum members in a group buy--check out this thread: http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/new-jetlasers-gb-stocked-metered-pl-e-pro-equality-series-ti-b-lasers-85175.html You can't go wrong with a JetLasers product--they are awesome lasers.
Thanks for the tip. I expected similar answer, because it did really look too good to be true.

I have decided to go with JetLasers, probably gonna pick a 300-400mW green one.
Thanks!

Thanks for the tip. I expected similar answer, because it did really look too good to be true.

I have decided to go with JetLasers, probably gonna pick a 300-400mW green one.
Thanks!

Jetlasers is a good choice. They have excellent products, customer service, and delivery time. I just bought a 600mW green from them a few days ago, and i'm loving it. I actually decided to order another one yesterday.

Encap

Great chioce ---JetLasers offers what others don't-- really what others should aspire to be but are not. They are outstanding quality products.

You going to be very happy a JetLasers laser --they are all great!

email Gray at JetLasers--tell him you are an LPF member would like to buy a laser either from the group buy or one they can make up for you of whichever model. He will give you best price possible.

Good luck--enjoy it --remember safety rules at all times and get some protective goggles to use uas you become familiar with how to handle--even a reflection in the eye at that power can cause ocular damage faster than humanly possible to avoid it--happens faster than0.25 seconds of the blink reflex. Read up on safety.

email is jetlasers@gmail.com

Last edited:
I emailed him today, got a response very fast and we pretty much had real time chat on email, where he answered all my questions. Seems really good.

I'll be buying one green 400-500mW (+goggles of course) mid-November, really looking forward to it.

About safety, I have had few 100mW lasers so I can handle it; I am not planning on using the laser indoors at all - risk of reflection is too high. Of course, when using it outside I will be careful.

Last edited:
does jet lasers sell 2w and up lasers for reasonable prices.
im having second thoughts from my last purchase through lucklaser.if your guys dont have faith in them its for good reason.

Lupercio, I am thinking about getting the 2w 445nm. Did you get the one linked in the announcement on here? Because there's a code for free shipping, and my thought is that even if it's less than 2w, it's probably over 1w. And a 1+w focusable, with batteries, aluminum case, effects caps, and good goggles for $185 shipped sounds like a great deal to me.
How well does yours burn? Is the beam crazy bright outside at night?
Lucklaser IS a LPF sponsor, so how off spec and under quality can it be? It looks very solid

Referencing: 445nm 2W Ultra Powerful Blue laserpointer Burning laser - $169.00 : Laser Pointer,Green laser,Blue laser, Red laser,Buy Laser Pointers,Cheap laser pointer

Last edited:
cameronjp.its solid and burns great. i burned through a black plastic garbage cans . went through it completely and i was still able to light a match on the other side of the can, it also burns wood really well and its bright during the day and at night its ridiculous. only down side is the batts drain quickly and its recommended to keep it on no more then 120 seconds then let it cool down. honestly its a great laser for the price and since im new to the hobby its ok for a first laser just be vary careful and buy those uvex glasses from amazon. a lot of the guys here have a link for them. their awesome for the price.in a nut shell its a good laser but im power hungry and want something a little more stronger. as far as the free shipping code, it will ask you to enter it upon checkout. hope this helps
take care

Last edited:

Encap

does jet lasers sell 2w and up lasers for reasonable prices.
im having second thoughts from my last purchase through lucklaser.if your guys dont have faith in them its for good reason.

The one you bought is a good deal for the price but has some limitations. If those don't bother you it is fine

With a JetLaser PL-E Pro 2W 445nm would gain better build quality overall, a more substancial host, much longer run time/ better duty cycle ( the Lucklaser should not be run for more than 60 seconds to avoid damage---qa PL-E Pro can be run until the batttery dies and be fine), much better internal adjustable focus, ability to use larger battery and external AC power source and will retain better resale value because of the quality and reputation should you decide to sell it.
In addition you gain the best customer service there is. They are not just selling lasers. They have pride in the products they create/make and work hard to make sure a customer is taken care of in an exceptional manner + is happy with the product purchased.

The JetLasers product is a different game, a professional level laser vs. a hobbiestlevel laser.

Ability to add a JetLasers beam expander is nice also.

Have a look here--they make a very good product: laserbtb

Also have a look here they make exceptional high quality lasers with long run time duty cycles and their customer service is the best there is.: Buy green lasers, 1W 2W 445nm Blue lasers, 300mW 500mW 405nm Violet Lasers, 2W 808nm 810nm 830nm 980nm 1064nm Infrared Lasers - Jetlasers.org, Online Shop for Jetlasers Products.

To be fair... The firedragons we got a few years back peaked around 500mw and they were only $212 IIRC, but yeah I'm about 99 percent sure that thing will come in at least under 20 percent spec

i bought the 500mW~1000mw Most powerful green laser Best Burning green laser beam from lucklasers. does anyone have this one because mine is in the mail and would like to know what to expect when it arrives. i didnt check forums before i bought this one.

i bought the 500mW~1000mw Most powerful green laser Best Burning green laser beam from lucklasers. does anyone have this one because mine is in the mail and would like to know what to expect when it arrives. i didnt check forums before i bought this one.

erosxel,

It isn't a good idea to necro-post on old threads on LPF, especially if it ads nothing to the thread. Just a heads up :)

-Alex

This crap company again ? they are nothing but crap.. all their lasers are same nonsense u find on ebay or aliexpress.. no guarantee you get an onspec laser and the quality is probably not the best either..