Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LTdash laser amazon review

bata

A little back story, my earlier 95mw 532nm died recently and I needed a 532 for a speech that I am doing soon. So I didn't have time to wait for something to pop up on the B/S/T section so I went with the laser that had the best rating on Amazon. On to the review.

Shipping:

payed 1/25/13

payment received 1/25/13

shipped 1/29/13

received 1/30/13

Now that is fast shipping. ( I didn't pay for any shipping upgrade just the free 2 day shipping that comes with prime) Their shipping receives 5 out of 5 stars.

Packaging:

It arrived in a yellow shipping envelope with nothing else protecting it.

img9656o.jpg

img9657m.jpg

Due to this packaging part of the box was damaged.

img9660gf.jpg

Once inside the box, the laser, batteries, and charger were securing fairly well. The bubble wrap that was around the laser was useless as it was all popped :thinking:
img9659e.jpg

The packaging receives 3/5 stars.

The laser itself feels well built and nothing moves in it. The button is finicky but nothing that is a big deal. When you put the battery in, the tailcap won't screw in all the way because it runs out of run. But again, not a big deal.

img9661b.jpg

The batteries only have a 880Mah capacity but since they gave me two its alright. Right out of the box both batteries were charged and ready to roll. The charger ain't the greatest quality but it gets the job done.

The dot does have some beam scatter that I can't seem to figure out where it originates.
p1010003nm.jpg

Overall, the laser is a great buy at $23. Very sturdy and comes with two batteries and a charger. Plus, the seller is US based.

Beamshots:

p1010002lw.jpg

Now compared with my 1W spartan:

p1010005sg.jpg

I am guessing this laser is around 70-100mw as it pops balloons quickly and smokes leather. This is based on my experience with my other 95mw 532nm that I had before. Considering it was only $23 it was a great buy. Anyone looking for a cheap greenie that is kinda small and pretty cool looking this is for you.

Overall grade - 4/5 stars.

link to the laser - Amazon.com: 5mw 532nm Military High Power Green Laser Pointer Pen: Electronics

Thx for reading

Last edited:

nice:beer: glad you found a nice cheap green. i have a host just like that one but the side clicky broke.

Last edited:
"The bubble wrap that was around the laser was useless as it was all popped"

Don't you enjoy popping them? I bet the shipper does too :p

I just ordered on from the same seller I believe, I will update when I receive it (hopefully Tuesday with the 2 day shipping).