Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPM'd Ebay Laser's Coming Back

Are you interested in LPM'd Ebay Lasers?

• Total voters
Hello All,

I am doing another LPM'd ebay lasers sale thread. Expect the lasers to be available for sale by December 1st, but possibly sooner depending on shipping times. This time there will be more of a focus on non-pen hosts. But pens will be included as well.

Shipping will be $8 CONUS International shipping will be available upon request

In order to know what people are interested in please if you could, let me know what you would (within reason) like to pay for the following lasers and I will try to make it happen. Unfortunately I have no idea what the output power of any of these will be, only estimate. The actual power will be individually tested and shown on the sales thread.

650nm 301 Style Host ~50-150+mW
532nm 301 Style Host ~20-100+mW
405nm 301 Style Host ~30-100+mW
650nm Pen ~30-100+mW
532nm Pen ~20-80+mW
405nm Pen ~30-100+mW
532nm Flashlight Style ~20-100+mW
532nm 303 Style Host ~20-100+mW
532nm Canister Host ~30-150+mW
450nm Canister Host ~750+mW
532nm Silver Host ~20-100+mW

s-l1600.jpg

Pen
s-l1600.jpg

Flashlight Style
s-l1600.jpg

303 Style
s-l500.jpg

Canister Style
s-l1600.jpg

Silver Style
s-l500.jpg

:thanks:

Encap

Re: LPM Ebay Laser's Coming Back

LPM'ed Coming back---from what? What does that mean? Doesn't make much sense?
You don't post or contribute anything to LPF in a year and you come up with this scheme that makes little rational sense on the face of it.

First, there is no such thing as an ebay laser. Ebay is just 100s of resellers selling lasers on eBay's garage sale lowest price mentality, for the most part, web site.

Second, why the need for another layer of reseller? How about another 3 or 4 layers of reseller of toy quality Chinese lasers? LOL

Third, what is it that you want do you that can not be done and done better and more directly and cheaper by any individual, especially when the majority of resellers on ebay ship for free and you want $8 for shipping --so a $5.00 laser 301 that can be bought on eBay with free shipping would become $13 from you with no lower price or discount on the item----in this case even if your price is $0.00 buying directly on eBay would be big savings and on several of the others items also. Anyone could buy 3 of them on eBay for ~ $13

What is it you are proposing? Tojust resell other people's junk/low quality low end eBay stuff from that you don't have?
What about returns and/or warranty claims--buyer protection?

Why just not offer/resell everything that is on eBay already? :crackup:

I don't get it---please explain why does anyone need you for an eBay purchase ?
Why are you an advantage rather than an additional liability of additional shipping cost. no warranty, and no buyer protection on products that usually are sold with free shipping from China?

Please explain what it is you really want to do, why, and how exactly any "purchase" from you would be accomplished--the sequence of events that make sense. What are the risks associated.

From the information provided I can't see anyone offering/paying more than 50% of the lowest eBay reseller's price for a second hand "hit and run" resale from you and that would only be on items that are more than $16 on eBay just to be the same cost as direct reseller eBay --there would be with no warranty and no ebay buyer protection either --so it none of it makes much sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Re: LPM Ebay Laser's Coming Back

LPM?? Coming back---what does that mean? Doesn't make much sense? You don't post or contribute anything to LPF in a year and you come up with this scheme that makes no rational sense on the face of it.

First, there is no such thing as an ebay laser.
You don't even have the style name correct--canister host--in what world is it called that?

Second, ebay is just 100s of resellers selling lasers on ebay's garage sale lowest price mentality, for the most part, web site.

Third, why the need for another layer of reseller? How about another 3 or 4 layers of reseller of toy quality Chinese lasers? LOL

Fourth, what is it that you want do you that can not be done and done better and more directly and cheaper by any individual, especially when the majority of resellers on ebay ship for free and you want $8 for shipping --so a $5.00 laser 301 that can be bought on ebay with free shipping would become $13 from you with no lower price or discount on the item----in this case even if your price is $0.00 buying directly on ebay would be big savings

What is it you want to do--just resell other people's low quality ebay stuff from that you don't have? What about returns and/or warranty claims?

Why just not offer/resell everything that is on ebay? :crackup:

I don't get it---please explain why does anyone need you for an ebay purchase ?
Why are you an advantage rather than an additional liability and additional shipping cost on products that usually are sold with free shipping from China?

Please explain what it is you really want to do, why, and how exactly it any "purchase" from you would be accomplished--the sequence of events thay make sense. What are the risks?

I apologize for my acronyms.
LPM: Laser Power Meter LPM'd: Lasers tested for power (laser power metered)
The point is you get lasers with a known output for cheaper than you would otherwise. It's like how optotronics sells pens for exorbitantly high prices, except not nearly that high. Say you want a 50mW green laser. You can buy a 301 off ebay but what if it isn't? Buy another? I am getting the lasers and testing them so that way for a small increase in price you know exactly what you are getting. Why I am doing this after being inactive for a year is lasers are a hobby for me, as such it comes and goes. At the moment I thought this would be a fun thing to do, and with the holidays coming you can get lasers for yourself or family members and know what the output is. Maybe you don't have an LPM? I am not a professional reseller, if the host doesn't say what it is on the side I have no idea what it's called. And it really doesn't matter as long as the buyer knows what their buying. The risks on my part is no one buys them, I am out money and I will not do this again, however I have had positive feedback in the past. The risks for the buyer are the laser could go bad in shipping. They can send it back for a refund as long as no foul play is suspected.

So for the most part, the point is to know exactly what you are buying whether it's a gift or for yourself. It's nice to know exactly how powerful your lasers are, especially if you don't have an LPM.

Please see this thread for how it went last time.

Last edited:
Most of those cheap 532 nm pointers don't have IR filters, to be accurate you would need to specify both the IR and vis component powers, something you can't provide on ebay if over 5 mw.

Last edited:
Most of those cheap 532 nm pointers don't have IR filters, to be accurate you would need to specify both the IR and vis component powers, something you can't provide on ebay if over 5 mw.

Just like last time, this is something I will be doing.

GSS

I also can see everyone wanting the highest output regardless of what WL or host..
What will happen to the in betweens to make this feesable?
As far as people wanting a true 5mw or less to play with a cat for example, not many if any at all will these cheapie's output that low and can see some stronger one's being sold as 5mw's for people to play with their animals:undecided:
Hey, this is just my thought and good luck though and hope it works out:)

Last edited:
Will sell on a first come first serve basis. Lasers will be priced differently based on output. But the price will only be $5-$10 more for the highest output lasers.

Encap

I apologize for my acronyms.
LPM: Laser Power Meter LPM'd: Lasers tested for power (laser power metered)
The point is you get lasers with a known output for cheaper than you would otherwise. It's like how optotronics sells pens for exorbitantly high prices, except not nearly that high. Say you want a 50mW green laser. You can buy a 301 off ebay but what if it isn't? Buy another? I am getting the lasers and testing them so that way for a small increase in price you know exactly what you are getting. Why I am doing this after being inactive for a year is lasers are a hobby for me, as such it comes and goes. At the moment I thought this would be a fun thing to do, and with the holidays coming you can get lasers for yourself or family members and know what the output is. Maybe you don't have an LPM? I am not a professional reseller, if the host doesn't say what it is on the side I have no idea what it's called. And it really doesn't matter as long as the buyer knows what their buying. The risks on my part is no one buys them, I am out money and I will not do this again, however I have had positive feedback in the past. The risks for the buyer are the laser could go bad in shipping. They can send it back for a refund as long as no foul play is suspected.

So for the most part, the point is to know exactly what you are buying whether it's a gift or for yourself. It's nice to know exactly how powerful your lasers are, especially if you don't have an LPM.

Please see this thread for how it went last time.

Optotronics is a whole different higher quality product from $2 eBay pens---so is not the same at all.

OK got it. I still do not see any real point. All of the lasers you listed have output in the ranges indicated so all you will be doing is checking if it is DOA or not mostly.

Getting a LPM number is of no real value in the case of gifts to people who have no idea of the difference between a mW and a kW

Will sell on a first come first serve basis. Lasers will be priced differently based on output. But the price will only be $5-$10 more for the highest output lasers.

$5-$10 more than what? The eBay price plus $8 shipping?

So A $5 laser 301 is going to cost $5 + $8 + $5 to $10? $18- $23.

Would think any person would choose to buy 3 to 5 of them for the same cost but maybe there will be some people who don't know any better or don't care---who knows?

I get you own an LPM but paying $!3-$18 over a $5 laser 301 ebay price --260% to 360% of the lasers delivered price for you to LPM it doesn't make much rational sense. To have an output number matters little if at all for any for any real purpose in the real world

I don't see it working out well but maybe ....

As GSS has said "hope it works out and good luck".

PS what LPM do you have an when was it last calibrated?

Last edited:
LPF members might not have much interest, but that doesn't mean there isn't a market of some size, mix in other laser products to bring more interest to your site.

$5-$10 more than what? The eBay price plus $8 shipping?

I don't see it working out well but maybe ....
As GSS has said "hope it works out and good luck".

PS what LPM do you have an when was it last calibrated?
If I read his post correctly... I think what he is
saying is the prices will range from $5.00 to $10.00....
More for the highest output Lasers.

But the price will only be $5-$10 more for the highest output lasers.
Maybe the OP can clear that up...:thinking:

He used to have an LPM when he did his last
sale which is now gone. He wants to buy a
2W Astralist LPM for the new sale if it comes
to fruition...:beer:

Jerry

Encap

LPF members might not have much interest, but that doesn't mean there isn't a market of some size, mix in other laser products to bring more interest to your site.

Except there is no site and are no other laser products.
Will be just a Buy, Sell, & Trade thread here on LPF.

There isn't even any manufacturer/factory of known quality no real supplier -- he is just going to buy from whatever eBay reseller or resellers auction, then resell it one more time for good measure.
The lasers will be not traceable to any maker/real supplier and of unknown quality---just generic Chinese product + second hand from brendon and without any recourse with a real company or supplier, no warranty and no buyer protection.

Seems to be a lot of "ifs" involved.
The only people who would maybe buy would be people without an LPM who would not be able to check the output anyway or have any way of knowing it was LPMed or not nor how accurately . Is a smoke and mirrors distinction--an imagined piece of mind benefit. MAybe if a few side by side and you study them you could say one is slightly btighter---a single piece forget about it.
Who is going to be able to tell ? You buy a $5 laser for $20 with a sticker or piece of paper saying 80mW
How is anyone going to know/be able to double check of know if it is 50mW, 60mW, 70mW, 80mW or 100mW without an LPM and what difference does it make anyway is my point.
You are better off buying 4 of them from one or a few different eBay resellers directly --maybe one is brighter than another and so on.

The whole scheme is a very "iffy" house of cards at best in my view.

If I read his post correctly... I think what he is
saying is the prices will range from $5.00 to $10.00....
More for the highest output Lasers.
Maybe the OP can clear that up...:thinking:

Jerry

Good point--my take on " Lasers will be priced differently based on output. But the price will only be $5-$10 more for the highest output lasers." is whatever it is he wants to resell a laser for --whatever that is + $8 more for shipping in USA + $5 to $10 more for the ones that turn out to have higher output.

Even the Chinese can't get away with that on those he listed for the most part. THey don't even bother because it makes no sense to do so with/on low cost mass produced toy quality or worse lasers.

As you say "Maybe the OP can clear that up.." is not clear at all and the distinctions are dubious ones at best if it become paying $23 for a $5 eBay laser.

Last edited:
Ok, to begin. Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it and have made some changes:
Shipping will now have 2 options:
$7.50 CONUS Priority mail, tracked, and insured with a guarantee of a working laser or your money back
$3.00 CONUS First Class No guarantee of tracking, Not insured

Now moving on to the questions:

"All of the lasers you listed have output in the ranges indicated so all you will be doing is checking if it is DOA or not mostly."
As I said those are just estimates, based on when I did the Ebay pen lasers thread. There is a lot of difference between a 20mW 532nm and a 90mW 532nm and is much more than whether it functions or not

"$5-$10 more than what? The eBay price plus $8 shipping? "
Yes, will explain further below

"So A $5 laser 301 is going to cost $5 + $8 + $5 to $10? $18- $23."
No, a 301 on average cost's $7-10, shipping I only have so much control over, and you cannot get upset what USPS charges. Will be closer to this: $8 Cost + $3 Markup* + $3** Shipping: Total $14
*Markup is not so I make a profit, it is to cover me in case lasers get damaged in shipping or if something else happens then I will have extra funds to replace/refund them, if there was no markup I would almost be guaranteed to loose money from something, all I want to do is break even.
**Shipping is variable
Difference in price based on output all depends on the cost of the laser, I would anticipate if the average cost after shipping is $14 then the most powerful of the lasers will be around $17. So on average $14-$17 for something that can be bought off Ebay for $8.

"Would think any person would choose to buy 3 to 5 of them for the same cost but maybe there will be some people who don't know any better or don't care---who knows?"
A laser hobbyist like yourself? Sure, but not everyone is going to dump $24-$40 on 3-5 lasers when you only want one.

"I get you own an LPM but paying $3-$18 over a $5 laser 301 ebay price --260% to 360% of the lasers delivered price for you to LPM it doesn't make much rational sense. To have an output number matters little if at all for any for any real purpose in the real world "
I get this may not make any sense at first but stick with me here; The point is not to resell Ebay lasers, the point is to provide people with a laser of known output power for a cheap price. Say for example you wanted a 50mW 532nm for star pointing, your cheapest option would probably be this laser on o-like $20+$6 shipping so total $26 and a 2-3 week wait from china. I will be selling a similar laser (I was talking about 301 lasers earlier these prices will be for a pen) for somewhere around a maximum of $8 + $3 shipping so $11 total and it would probably be there within 5 days. So you would be spending half as much for arguably the same thing minus the star caps. If the buyer wants a 301 off ebay they will get a 301 off ebay. The point is to buy something with a known output. Output power matters. 50mW 532nm is perfect for a bright laser that isn't too dangerous, a 100mW is strong enough to light small things on fire.

"PS what LPM do you have an when was it last calibrated?"
I purchased a Hyperion Cuprum, measuring these lasers will be the first thing I will be doing with it. So it will be +/- 5% for all measurements in the power range of what I am selling.

"There isn't even any manufacturer/factory of known quality no real supplier -- he is just going to buy from whatever eBay reseller or resellers auction, then resell it one more time for good measure.
The lasers will be not traceable to any maker/real supplier and of unknown quality---just generic Chinese product + second hand from brendon and without any recourse with a real company or supplier, no warranty and no buyer protection."
All lasers will be serialized; with information that contains the manufacturer. This is so that if I continue doing this I know which buyers to buy from and which to avoid in the future. I will not sell a laser that has any defects or questionable reliability, last time I did this I spent $30 on 5 lasers and only one of them was working when they arrived. That was my loss, and I know not to buy from that supplier again. The lasers will be traceable by serial number, and will be warranted for 1 week, this is pretty much just to cover DOA, for lasers that cost for the most part <$20 a proper warranty is arguably unnecessary. I did not have any reports of lasers being unreliable from the last time by the way. Everyone that I heard from was happy with their purchase.

"The only people who would maybe buy would be people without an LPM who would not be able to check the output anyway or have any way of knowing it was LPMed or not nor how accurately . Is a smoke and mirrors distinction--an imagined piece of mind benefit. MAybe if a few side by side and you study them you could say one is slightly btighter---a single piece forget about it."
I will provide digital documentation of an LPM graph linked by serial number for all lasers I sell. Other than that you will just have to trust the fact that I have sold many things on this forum always with good feedback.

"Good point--my take on " Lasers will be priced differently based on output. But the price will only be $5-$10 more for the highest output lasers." is whatever it is he wants to resell a laser for --whatever that is + $8 more for shipping in USA + $5 to $10 more for the ones that turn out to have higher output."
I talked about this a bit earlier. But to add to it, if I sold all the lasers for the same price then it wouldn't be fair to the buyer, they should not get a lower powered laser just because they are late to the game, you should get what you pay for but with that said I will not be trying to rip people off just because a few were more powerful than the others. Say for example there a 6 lasers, and the power of each is 20mW, 40mW, 50mW, 60mW, 80mW, 100mW. Lets say the average sale price is $11, the 20mW would be around $8 while the $100mW would be around $14. Of course this depends, say there were 5 100mW and only one of each of the others, the 100mW may cost $12 or so.

Please let me know if you have any more questions, suggestions, or feedback. I would be glad to hear it and will get back to you as soon as possible. Have a good day :yh:

Last edited:
Big problem I see is if listing them at their true output power either here or on any web site. The more success you have, the greater the likelyhood the govt will shut you down with a fine, not to mention civil liability. Better get a corporate business setup or a LLC or you could loose your shirt if some kid or adult hurts someone.

Just to be fair....
When I first joined LPF the members would offer
services and DIY parts and Lasers on LPF.
Some of the members did Group buys at no profit
and ended up loosing money when members backed
out of the confirmed order.
Since then Commercial Companies (including myself)
started selling on LPF as registered entities.
We still have members offering hand built hosts that
are not companies but just helpful members on LPF.

Isn't that what the community is about

I don't see that a Member NEEDS to be a Registered
Commercial Company to offer to sell something on LPF...

If no-one orders anything from the OP then the issues
solve themselves.

I mean....
Look at the Commercial Company LaserPointerStore
selling an LPM with outrageous power Claims...
Being a Commercial Company does not guarantee
integrity or honesty.

That's my $0.02 on this...

Jerry

I don't really plan on making this such a big operation as to get flagged by the government. I mean keep in mind here 95% of the lasers I will be selling are <150mW, you can easily buy lasers over 2W in the buy sell trade section almost any day of the week. There are no specific laws on selling lasers in North Carolina but I may still be under certain federal laws. All these lasers were being sold as "5mW", I would argue that knowing their actual power is much safer for the consumers, that way they know what they are buying and to be more careful with it.

Last edited:
I was thinking more along the lines of building it into something more than offering pointers here, if just in this group, I wouldn't be so concerned.