Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPC 826 questions ( voltage and amps )

i give my diode today. i test it run now. i use LPC826 and axiz. the driver LM317 constant current mode. i use 3.4 ohm resistor but the supply voltage for diode is high then 2.2 volt. i measure 2.8 volt and the current is 420 ma 0.42 Amp.

is it problem ?? is this voltage will kill my diode in the future or not?

i am change current resistor increase 9.5 ohm and then the diode voltage down to 2.2 volt. ok but the current down 160 ma. i have a power loss.. Please give me a idea for this operation? Help please..

i calculate the power. is it right ?

2.2 volt and 0.16 amp. Power = V x I ---> Power = 2.2 x 0.16 ---> Power = 352 miliwatt = 0.35 watt ?? is it right?

Do you have a table for LPC 826 operation voltage and amps?

i give my diode today. i test it run now. i use LPC826 and axiz. the driver LM317 constant current mode. i use 3.4 ohm resistor but the supply voltage for diode is high then 2.2 volt. i measure 2.8 volt and the current is 420 ma 0.42 Amp.

is it problem ?? is this voltage will kill my diode in the future or not?

i am change current resistor increase 9.5 ohm and then the diode voltage down to 2.2 volt. ok but the current down 160 ma. i have a power loss.. Please give me a idea for this operation? Help please..

i calculate the power. is it right ?

2.2 volt and 0.16 amp. Power = V x I ---> Power = 2.2 x 0.16 ---> Power = 352 miliwatt = 0.35 watt ?? is it right?

Do you have a table for LPC 826 operation voltage and amps?

With the LM317 driver (constant CURRENT, not voltage), the diode will pull the voltage it needs- just because you have a 15V supply does NOT mean the diode will be getting 15V.

Also, the output power of laser diodes is never the same as input power. The only way to know output power for sure is to use a laser power meter.

With the LM317 driver (constant CURRENT, not voltage), the diode will pull the voltage it needs- just because you have a 15V supply does NOT mean the diode will be getting 15V.

Also, the output power of laser diodes is never the same as input power. The only way to know output power for sure is to use a laser power meter.

Thank you for your ansver..

So ..

is it safe 400 ma ( 0.4 amps ) for this LED ?

Last edited:
  1. Don't confuse laser diodes with LEDs.
  2. 400mA should be fine as long as you don't run for too long or have it on a good size heatsink.

Last edited:
  1. Don't confuse laser diodes with LEDs.
  2. 100mA should be fine as long as you don't run for too long or have it on a good size heatsink.

Thank you very much. i search a heatsink. maybe take a cupper heat sink but now only test it. i do not run long time .. maybe 10 seconds..

this video is first test run.. But sorry i was talk Turkish language.. Maybe the second i will talk english..

Last edited: