Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

lowest efficiency 445nm diode?

I think I may have the lowest efficiency 445 here. I have a 18650 host, flexdrive v4 set to it's absolute max 1.2A and an A130 diode. I get ~750mw with a acrylic aixiz lens and ~850mw with a 405 glass lens on my laserbee LPM.

Anyone have a lower efficiency diode?

Last edited:

.3lite

Wow nice, so laser diodes are transfering power now via light?

Anyway, yea happens, still it's good and you should hope that it will survive long time.

Wow nice, so laser diodes are transfering power now via light?

Light *is* energy, and therefore has power when used for any length of time. He's not literally using it to transfer power from one point to the other, just measuring the intensity of the beam.

.3lite

Light *is* energy, and therefore has power when used for any length of time. He's not literally using it to transfer power from one point to the other, just measuring the intensity of the beam.

It came to that because he has changed his post, before edit, he said that diode is outputting 750-800mA, got it? ;p

daguin

First, did you actually check the output of your driver? It may not be giving your 1.2A

Second, have you measured the laser's output using something other than the battery as a power source? Your battery may just not be giving it what it needs ;)

Peace,
dave

Yes, I used a Fluke multimeter inline and adjusted the driver for it's max (1.2A).

I also used a regulated bench power supply at 1.2 amps direct to the diode and got the same mw reading on my laserbee so the 18650 battery is fine. I just have a very low efficiency diode it seems.