Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Low powered laser safety for gloving

Hi, I wanted to buy a few lasers so I could attach them to my rave gloves. I will hit people in the eyes with the lasers by accident but its not like im making them stare into the laser for a long period of time. I was thinking that the best option would be a 0.5 mw laser because they are pretty weak. Is that still too dangerous? Could I go with a 1 mw laser?
All I want are the brightest lasers I could get withought hurting people's eyes.
Also should I buy some glasses for the viewer even at 0.5 mw?

Where could I buy these weak lasers? Preferably withought a pen housing and around 1 inch or smaller.
(any color other than red would be good too, like cyan or green, but ill go with red of its my only option.)

You should be fine with Lasers in the 1mW to 3mW range...

The problem is that you will need a calibrated LPM to actually
test and confirm that your Lasers are not outputting more
than 1-3mW...
You can't go by the seller's claims or the label of cheap low
powered Lasers..

Try eBay for the least expensive Laser Modules...
You will need to do a little research and reading...

Jerry

I would say .. Stay out of it .. Most people get bother by a bright shyning laser .. Specially if you are looking at the person -.- That is bothering you (; lol.... What the guy on the other post says is true !.... Except for the cheap ebay lasers ... Why?! Theres a post here of a guy that ,his science teacher bought 3 lasers from ebay in a bundle for 20$ at 5mw...the guy notice that they were not 5mw so he decidet to test them out .. And it turn out to be the lasers were 20 times stronger than the stated ... So be careful :D

Lol im not arguying with the other guy or saying that he is wrong ... Lol im just giving a point of view :D cheers (;

I can understand why it would be neat to have lasers for rave gloves compared to LED-based ones. They do have a cool appearance compared to those LED finger lights, if only because they form tight beams. I expect they would last longer in terms of battery life if you rig them up properly.

If you are hell-bent on making laser-based gloves, you should stick to red lasers, and not attempt to use green lasers or--God forbid--other wavelengths like 445nm or 405nm. Green lasers are rarely regulated to 1mW unless you're buying more expensive modules. For red lasers, you ought to buy some pre-made red lasers from more reputable sellers like Aixiz (such as these). At least then you can trust with some confidence that they'll be at the correct power. They're not really that cheap per-module, but you don't need to have a full five fingers worth on each hand.

Another thing to look into are some narrow angle LEDs, and then properly power them to ensure they stay at full brightness all the time. Usually rave stuff ends up sucking over time because it simply runs out of juice and you have to swap them out (like finger lights). With some proper power you could keep the lights nice and bright for longer durations.

I would say .. Stay out of it .. Most people get bother by a bright shyning laser .. Specially if you are looking at the person -.- That is bothering you (; lol.... What the guy on the other post says is true !.... Except for the cheap ebay lasers ... Why?! Theres a post here of a guy that ,his science teacher bought 3 lasers from ebay in a bundle for 20$ at 5mw...the guy notice that they were not 5mw so he decidet to test them out .. And it turn out to be the lasers were 20 times stronger than the stated ... So be careful :D

So.... what part of my post are disagreeing with and/or
did not understand ...:thinking:

I did mention...
..............you will need a calibrated LPM to actually
test and confirm that your Lasers are not outputting more
than 1-3mW...
You can't go by the seller's claims or the label of cheap low
powered Lasers..

We basically said the same thing....:undecided:

BTW... is is considered Bad Forum Etiquette to Double
Post within minutes when it is not necessary of the last
post. You can easily edit your Post with the [Edit] button....

Jerry

Last edited: