Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking to grab a 445 5w

Hello everyone. I made my account here years ago. Was into lasers for a hobby a while ago and still have lots of hardware. Actually, a huge box of parts. I haven't purchased a laser in a very long time - well I did but it was cheap chinese stuff that couldn't even make a nice point. I do like good culmination and quality of the product. I do want one that is built already, I just do not have any time to build one or two myself.

Of course I've scoured the Internet and have seen just about every laser in the world but I really have no idea which brands are any good and made of good quality. Anyone have suggestions of a good company to buy from? I do see SANWU advertising a lot, even on here. Well, if you have a few companies or websites I can check out I would really appreciate it. Thanks very much!

Mike

bulukaki

Most members would recommend JetLasers and Sanwu.

There are also excellent builders on the forum.

Don't forget your laser safety glasses, make sure to choose a pair that will attenuate the wavelength you'll be working with and make it a habit to wear them, accidents happen when we least expect them.

I am very happy with my purchases from Sanwu lasers and they replaced a diode for me promptly and at no cost. You can also ask them for example what diodes provide the best beam specs if that is more important to you then pure power. They answered me correctly and provided TEM00 mode lasers with very low divergence. Lens you select will effect beam shape.

On a side note they offer those standard Chinese 303 lasers, but basically verify their output for a higher cost. Frankly you are better off buying several of these lasers at a lower cost and keeping the best one for use. I lucked out and got an amazing pen DPSSL green laser with amazing beam specs and well over its 5mw rating lol. It burned unfocused and produce very little divergence over 2 miles away. It also had classic single mode circular wave pattern and wasn’t mode hoping. I think I paid 5 Canadian dollars. It had a very thin beam too. Definitely would make small burn holes in your eyes. I am unsure how much infrared light it produced.

Hi,
The NDB7A75 diode set to 4A will give over 5W;s and the divergence is great .
Rich:)

Commander J. Bloodmaker

Hello everyone. I made my account here years ago. Was into lasers for a hobby a while ago and still have lots of hardware. Actually, a huge box of parts. I haven't purchased a laser in a very long time - well I did but it was cheap chinese stuff that couldn't even make a nice point. I do like good culmination and quality of the product. I do want one that is built already, I just do not have any time to build one or two myself.

Of course I've scoured the Internet and have seen just about every laser in the world but I really have no idea which brands are any good and made of good quality. Anyone have suggestions of a good company to buy from? I do see SANWU advertising a lot, even on here. Well, if you have a few companies or websites I can check out I would really appreciate it. Thanks very much!

Mike
I bought some really nice 450's from Techhood on ebay. I just talked to a guy name ringo, he told me to leave a note, and they would build it for me when I order. They even made me some custom modules and sinks for some pricy diodes I was looking to give a home. I couldn't find them anywhere, to fit my diode. I just sent an email, They asked for a few pic and what I knew about the diode. An then had me leave a note, boom 2 weeks later I was building some sweet high powered fat beams. All my freinds have a 4-5w 445-450 from them, because I bought one. lol. They are powerful enough to cut though an inch thick pig nail. 2w is enough to cut pig nails though. lol