Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking to buy my first green laser (5-75mW range)

Elight

Hello, I've been interested in lasers for a very long time already, and I've finally decided to look to buy one.
What I'm searching for is a green laser with an output of 5-75mW (range)
This is my first time purchasing a laser online so I need some help.

I'm looking for a reliable, cheap website that can deliver within 3 weeks to the US (New York area)

I don't really know any good laser selling websites so my current options are:

5MILES Range 532nm Green Laser Pointer Light Pen Visible Beam High Power Lazer | eBay

Military 5mW 532nm Zoomable Focus Burning Green Laser Pointer Pen 301 Battery | eBay

http://www.laserbtb.com/productshow.asp?id=77# (Newest option)

Thank you. :thanks:

Last edited:

Hello Elight, you should add your location to your profile so it shows under your name, no one will remember you're from New York.

Both of those lasers are owned by many members here, however keep in mind that such very cheap Chinese made 532nm green lasers are always a gamble. You may get a good one or you may not, the one I bought on Amazon for $11 only lasted 10 days, 532nm greens are DPSS so they are a little unstable to begin with. Be sure you don't drop it, be sure you don't put the battery in backwards, and it will also be temperature sensitive.

Alan

Thank you for your quick reply, another option I have now is this laser:

HL 532nm 50-300

(The 50mW separate crystal one)

What do you think?

Yes that one is far higher quality and many people here buy their lasers. There is a very small chance of a problem with customs, but almost all of them make it though ok.

Alan

Elight

Thank you Alan.

In the case of it not making it through customs, what can I do?

How long can I expect shipping to be?

usually laserbtb once shipped should arrive quick maybe a week or a bit more, if any problems usually they offer money back if the package wont arrive but that rarely happen from what i been reading here many order from them and most get the lasers in end.

Thank you Alan.

In the case of it not making it through customs, what can I do?

How long can I expect shipping to be?

Well often shipping from China takes a month or more but Laserbtb is usually much faster.

In the case of customs there is nothing you can do, but hundreds of people here have bought their lasers and I only remember two cases of them being seized by customs so I wouldn't be too concerned about it. Just be sure any laser you buy doesn't ship with batteries because then it is more likely to be examined by customs.

Be aware of this list: Import Alert 95-04
There are more companies added to it regularly as they crack down on import of battery powered lasers over 5mW. These however are not illegal to own but can easily be used illegally, they are not pointers but are classified as surveying/leveling/alignment lasers, don't use it outside within 10 miles of an airport and don't point it in the flight path of aircraft.

Alan

Yes I would. Most of these green lasers and all over the place as far as output.
Make sure its for 532nm and IR 808nm and 1064nm I believe is the IR WL!
Heres a link of some good goggle/glasses you should look into.
Eagle Pair® 190-540nm & 800-1700nm OD5 Laser Safety Goggles
Its a good investment for your safety. And who stops laser buying at one..? lets be real here! ha!
I also got a similar green laser off ebay for 8$ shipped in less than a week. I managed to measure its odd beam at about 67mW.
I just wanted the star cap pattern for my camp trip this weekend... all my other cheap star cap ones broke.. imagine that (as Alan said)

Last edited:

Elight

Ok thank you.

I just bought the 8$ one off of Ebay and was wondering if I would need the safety glasses for that one as it is only 5mW?

APEX1

safety glasses are a must for almost all lasers over 50mw. I use them for my 10mw lasers just to be safe. You cant put a price on your eyes. you should check out styropyros videos on youtube for his laser pen "hacks" also gearbest has a few good deals on the 3 color laser pens. I'll try and find the listing and link in this comment!