Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for the best laser possible in usa

my knowledge is little and i have had a few chinese shady lasers. USA doesnt allow anything really good im told
and was hoping to be pointed in the right direction for a legit high powered pointer.
I use lasers wisely, just dont know where to look really. UK cant ship here so i am at a loss.
Anything worth getting for us americans?? I make music for films like marvel and more and could really use the help. I am willing to set you up with free movie passes for awhile if theres any hope.
thanks you guys.

GSS

Ummmm what???:unsure:
Anyway's "Jetlaser's" and "Sanwu" are top notch..
Also some great custom builds by some members on this forum:)

Do some reading, maybe learn about laser safety and legality, then learn about what you can make yourself from legally available parts.

Encap

As GSS mentioned Jetlasers and Sanwu are good choices--excellent quality and customer service-- see: https://www.jetlasers.org/ and https://www.sanwulasers.com/

You are right in USA over 5mW is not legal to sell in USA. Thus there are no commercial manufacturers of laser pointers in USA although many hobbists build them and some will sell them---see the Buy, Sell & Trade subforum
UK and EU rules limit laser pointers to 1mW so....

Not sure what you mean that UK can't ship to USA? No high powered lasers are sold in UK anyway.

"best laser possible" for what? Lasers have many varieties and many applications. The laser best for application X is often useless for application Y.

Reactions: GSS
You have some LPF pros near you... they can help with building or may have a laser for you.. sure took you a LONG time to lost here.\\

Joined 8/2016
'lol'
didja just 'get out'.. jk
for real.. your area prolly has more REALLY pro members than anywhere.

no offence meant but-- did you search???
read reviews? any self help?

are you in laser addiction recovery?? 'Laser User Re-Hab.'

that did not work for me.

...longest I have been clean was a few months. --well weeks for sure.\

hak

hey redcowboy ive done plenty of reading im not an idiot i just cant get a good laser in usa, let alone trust ebay for anything.
I appreciate everyones help here, good stuff thanks.

i know right 2016...."lol" i have been touring last year or so and havent been here since 2016...Feel like a stranger but
its never a dumb question if you dont know let alone have time to dig thru threads here. I have done that as well.
No need to point and assume, im actually no fool and graduated from stanford but not in engineering or science. humble enough to ask you experts is all. shouldnt be a problem. I like some of the answers that respond honestly not the sarcasm shit thats for kids.
I owned plenty of lasers but knowing whats what is always interesting with the watt reader etc...

i like seeing the green laser at its farthest distance im going for visual range with eyes say on a butte or something. Ive read a ton and i even had 4 different green lasers reach same visual distance with different watts nm's etc...ya ya ill get the lingo eventually. Simple question i want the farthest reaching visual laser a human can see really

defy

could you get parts and build your own? how about jetlasers, sanwu lasers? i have aslo asked for help on buying lasers and these two seemed to be the most popular, along with dragonlasers i think

defy

i like seeing the green laser at its farthest distance im going for visual range with eyes say on a butte or something. Ive read a ton and i even had 4 different green lasers reach same visual distance with different watts nm's etc...ya ya ill get the lingo eventually. Simple question i want the farthest reaching visual laser a human can see really
in that case you might have to build one, or get one built. optotronics hav good laser parts or so im told, but they r in uk

Easiest laser 'color'for humans to see in green 555nm(which AFAIK does not exist)..so a close one would be 532nm DPSS or any LD green.
Power would be a factor. Thinner beams 'seem' to be easier to see at greater distance. as the power is still close to what we would measure up close.(there fat beams look good but not as 'bright'

Lasers 'look' the most powerful ..
1) when beam is coming at you
2) looking 'down ' the beam--from the laser
3) from the side.. sometimes they cannot be seen from the side..
A uber powerul green laser hit a 'mirror' left on the moon (left by USA) and the reflection was detected my
special 'camera' (so not seen by humans) but that did happen on BBT.

Powerful hand-helds (IE not 'pen-pointers') have been seen from our space stations and we have seen them as they were pointed back.

And the conditions.. the beams kinda go on forever so one of your questions cannot be answered.
Very clean-clear air.. we prolly see them the farthest at # 1)
--fog/smoke etc we see the beam easier (even from the side)but unlikely see if from much farther away.

your other questions-- the best sellers (serving USA) are NOT on Ebay..(WHOA hak there is one.. he is a member here- sells and hand makes an almost complete laser & you assemble yourself in minutes ). For the very best quality and warranty ( posted MANY times in reviews )
is JETLASERS lasers.. hard to find used (owners tend to keep them forever) even tho they are hands down the fav here. a close second is Sanwu.. I am LPF 'janitor' for JL and also for AixiZ Laser (Houston)... and even tho you seem to have no sense of humor.. and ATM not like me very much.. I think I speak the truth..

AFAIK this exact question from a CONUS member has never been asked.. a search can give great answers..

TBH honest//// I was thinking you were just kidding. Or trolling us.. my bad--I can now see you are sincere.
I have here in Houston a few brand new (w/black hosts) JLs & ready to ship free w/ lots of free 18650 (pulls) batteries ( & other bonus items). Including the most powerful 520 Green diode laser .800-1W + IIRC its $299.. and two also Pl-E Pros at 3.5 and 4 W.. all are new and come with Original JL warranties.
These are JL BE 'ready' (tapped/threaded)

and I only have one with me and it is NOT black==(silver grey)-- matching black BEs can be gotten at Jl.org IIRC they are back to $~100 plus DHL express-- min. is $38.. several item can be combined.. still JUST $38-- VERY cheap for peace of mind that your laser will arrive- will not have been inspected -perfect condition and often less that 72 hrs to you door < which while getting your laser fast is great -more important is condition and safest delivery.. Mine ship USPS insured and tracked-.. (CONUS & Canada only )

I can send DHL EXPRESS if buyer will pay for it.

MUCH info, specs and pics at JL.org/Pro PL-E /445 /520
and just for interest find JL 'Yamataka'-- THE only laser in the world available like it.. the top shelf one is $638 (shipped) 520 1W green lower power 532s are less$.
you have a blessed day sir....Len

sending you a link or two VIA PM
and lighten-up man..so we can 'start over' OKAY?

Last edited:
BACK
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-3w-520nm...h=item33ea8bd811:g:-SwAAOxyGxxSK7OM:rk:3:pf:0

see all his AWESOME stuff. but do NOT buy at Feebay..rick asks forum members to contact him via the forum NOT buying etc from any other source he use.. THEY have prices NOT meant for us..same deal with AixiZ 'window shop' at Scamazon/Fleabay BUT only order&buy at aixiz.com-- ( which ,at both, YOU need to tell them you are LPF member and who 'sent you'.. I would really appreciate that as I OWE both a lot of $$$ and...
jk-

I owe them for all the kind things they have done for the forum. for the LEMs and for me.

One, not terribly important, 'thing'.. this post you are reading is a 'double post'

AND at LPF.. to keep things 'neater' we do NOT double (or triple ) post except under a few rare 'times'-- this would not be one of those times.. Nor are your multiple posts..

I will came back later-- after you have read this and will 'fix' my double w/ ease.. copy one. then DELE-- edit the other and paste . This is also the way we respond/ reply to more than one post or poster.. each will been shown and your comments in between. using that way you can reply to many posts .

So please combine your posts sir.. not a rule at many forums but we had to draw a line in the sand and it was at 'No doubles''

^^ we all have done this and got the same sorta reply and just went with the program.. a mod MAY combine these for you--but it is not their job to do so.

THIS IS AN INTENTIONAL DOUBLE.. combining them later.....hak

Last edited:
BACK
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-3w-520nm...h=item33ea8bd811:g:-SwAAOxyGxxSK7OM:rk:3:pf:0

see all his AWESOME stuff. but do NOT buy at Feebay..rick asks forum members to contact him via the forum NOT buying etc from any other source he use.. THEY have prices NOT meant for us..same deal with AixiZ 'window shop' at Scamazon/Fleabay BUT only order&buy at aixiz.com-- ( which ,at both, YOU need to tell them you are LPF member and who 'sent you'.. I would really appreciate that as I OWE both a lot of $$$ and...
jk-

I owe them for all the kind things they have done for the forum. for the LEMs and for me.

One, not terribly important, 'thing'.. this post you are reading is a 'double post'

AND at LPF.. to keep things 'neater' we do NOT double (or triple ) post except under a few rare 'times'-- this would not be one of those times.. Nor are your multiple posts..

I will came back later-- after you have read this and will 'fix' my double w/ ease.. copy one. then DELE-- edit the other and paste . This is also the way we respond/ reply to more than one post or poster.. each will been shown and your comments in between. using that way you can reply to many posts .

So please combine your posts sir.. not a rule at many forums but we had to draw a line in the sand and it was at 'No doubles''

^^ we all have done this and got the same sorta reply and just went with the program.. a mod MAY combine these for you--but it is not their job to do so.

THIS IS AN INTENTIONAL DOUBLE.. combining them later.....hak
dude you are awesome and i may need to re read that again just to figure out my options. i have $300-$400

I failed big time by forgetting the offers from one of our very best members.. Just scroll up and see click the PAID advert by Jayrob..(yes he supports LPF via his ads) These only come in kit form to go by the FDA 'laws' Bascally they are ready to 'finish' --the easy part..His customer service is the best AND if you want something else.. he does excellent custom orders.
be sure to tell him that 'hak' sent you as I owe him some favors (&$$)