Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Looking for some input on the NDG7475 Diode

Dusty_Lenses

Afternoon, Gents. Have this NDG 1W diode sitting in my drawer that I never got around to using.

I purchased the .7W and the 1W version from dtr a few years back and was always a bit nervous on a build considering I paid around $200 USD for it .

I'm thinking of running it at 2.5A and am looking for some input from any folks who have this diode running at 2.5A or higher, and how their experience has been in regards to reliability, any wavelength shift, or noteworthy observations.

I also picked up the dual element lens from dtr for the 520's and mounted in a copper module with the solid back half.

Any findings or suggestions shared is appreciated 🍺

That's a lot of current to put on a NDG7475 in my opinion. I wouldn't run it for more than a few seconds at a time. I've had them fail at much lower currents than that.

Looks like diminishing returns past 2.2A, I haven't run mine past 2A. To me the small bit of extra power isn't worth having to tear down a laser again to replace a diode. If you're main goal is power get the NUGM06, otherwise I would stick to the 1W of green the 7475 is known for.

Nothing like deminishing returns on those. They lost value quick with the newer 520s.

Looks like diminishing returns past 2.2A, I haven't run mine past 2A. To me the small bit of extra power isn't worth having to tear down a laser again to replace a diode. If you're main goal is power get the NUGM06, otherwise I would stick to the 1W of green the 7475 is known for

I wasn't sure if I had missed any discoveries with this diode. Pretty much all the comments and threads in the search are from around the year I bought them.

I have "2A" written on the baggie it was stored in, so i guess I'll keep it in that zone.

Thanks for the replies, Gents.

That's a lot of current to put on a NDG7475 in my opinion. I wouldn't run it for more than a few seconds at a time. I've had them fail at much lower currents than that.
Any idea what current would be a safe upper limit?

I had not seen much info on these ones being sensitive.

Were you using a led driver or something more suited to LDs?

I like 2.1A and a G8 lens locked to infinity focus inside of a housing with a threaded end for a 3.3X beam expander.

I have one of these running at about 2.4 watts getting about 1100 mW out. Good luck with yours.

Back