Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking For Some Help

Hi, I am a noob to laser pointers but let me give you a brief description of what I'm looking for. I need a laser pointer of any color but preferably red that isn't too powerful but will project a dot from a decent distance(50-100 yards).

It will be used for various things but mainly pulling pranks on the animals, friends and ESPECIALLY the wife and kids:na:. My friend had one when we were kids that looked like a silver pen and we would roam the neighborhood shining it on peoples walls and such or using it at church during sermons shining it on the wall behind the pastor. I want one that the beam doesn't really show up but leaves a visible dot/circle on the wall or ground from a decent distance. I've seen some on Amazon but I would like to get some more experienced opinions of where to look and what to look for in terms of power. :thanks:

If you just want to play and not blind anyone I would
suggest you go to the Dollar Store and pick up a
Laser there...
They will be between 1mW and ~5mW....

Jerry

Last edited:
Yep as Jerry said a low power laser is what you want something in the 5mW or less range so as to not hurt any ones eyes !

And it should be noted that a lot of the pointers on Amazon and EBay are way overpower. Which is great if you are looking for more power, but if you are looking for a safe pointer then you want something that is actually between 1 and 5 mW.

ts

Ablaze

Personally, I suggest you look for a 650nm red laser, and 5mw. There are lasers that go higher nm, and you can see up to 800nm, but the higher you go the less visible the laser is.

650nm will be the most visible color of red. No matter what the color anything 5mw and under is safe so long as no one stares into the laser.

Harassing your preacher is all well and good, but never shine it at a moving vehicle, an aircraft of any kind, or a police officer. You can be fined, arrested, or shot.