Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for photonic disruptor

AhSo69

Hi I am looking to buy a wicked lasers photonic disruptor pro or photonic disruptor.

If anyone is interested in selling me either one please reply

Thanks

You already have this thread. You should delete this one and just wait. If anyone has one they are willing to part with they'll contact you there.

Encap

Doubt anyone has one and even if--will not be cheap-they were $600 for a 100mW 532nm laser pen.

If you don;t have to have that one to fill out a WL collection of some kind, you can buy a 100mW laser on ebay for $5-$10 these days.

gazer101

Hi I am looking to buy a wicked lasers photonic disruptor pro or photonic disruptor.

If anyone is interested in selling me either one please reply

Thanks
I'd recommend looking up its schematics and building one yourself

Snecho

"Buy, sell, and trade lasers and/or laser pointers. Minimum 20 laser related posts required before thread creation."

As Encap told you, you can get a 532nm DPSS laser pointer on eBay for ~$6.00 without battery or charger. They take a single 18650 battery with the positive end toward the tail cap. I have several in both the 301 and 303 style hosts. Most measure ~80 mW. Don't buy your battery from anyone selling these as the batteries are all crap.

The wicked lasers photonic disruptor was made for dazzling people, that is shining the laser into an attackers face and it had a refocusing adjustment you would have to set to the distance so as to effect dazzling without doing damage which in itself is not the same threshold from person to person so while the OP can build his own 100mw 532nm dpss laser pointer with adjustable focus the act of using it as a " photonic disruptor " is not something we can/should recommend as we are not liable for OP's actions which could easily be illegal even if used in the theoretically appropriate circumstances.

I have said this before and now I am saying it again, save yourself a lot of legal trouble and buy some pepper spray and a high output compact LED flashlight that will dazzle as well as having a strobe feature which aids in the act of defensive temporary blinding/dazzling and is very unlikley at self defense distance to cause any lasting harm, but a 100mw dpss 532nm laser if focused too tight could exceed the damage threshold too easily and you would be likely to get yourself into legal trouble even if you think you have done everything correctly........remember people lie and someone could claim visual disturbances from a laser strike even if an eye exam showed no clear damage and you could be found liable both criminally and civilly.

Often when we have this discussion someone will reply, " But people use guns for self defense " Yes and if done incorrectly/inappropriately/illegally those people end up in trouble/jail/prison........using a weapon in self defense is something we should only do in extreme emergency circumstances when all other options have been exhausted, so carrying around a pointer looking for a chance to stun some asshole is a recipe for disaster........." but I only need it for that unseen emergency and I can't carry a gun in my area " 1st of all vote to change that and think about pepper spray as an option, also a taser ( a real taser not a toy ) or make your own choice to carry whatever you feel you need at your own risk but make dam sure you don't use it unless there's no other choice because you would be risking a lot, keep in the back of your mind the fact that you will have to explain this to a jury if you do it and nothing is guaranteed so unless your life depends on it and there's no other option Don't do it.

Remember shining a laser at a person is a crime just like pointing a gun at a person is a crime, yes self defense is a reason, the problem with a laser pointer is in thinking it can safely dazzle but that's not guaranteed and you could make a bad situation worse, a bright flashlight in combination with pepper spray is a good choice for carry if you can't carry a gun, now if someone forces entry into your home then I don't think there should be any limits on how you can defend, but know your local laws before developing an emergency plan and think about how it will look in court, the squirt gun full of battery acid would look bad to a jury no matter what as it has a strong potential to maim in a horrible way without causing death and building booby traps is likely illegal..........the thing about it is a laser has the appearance of being used to maim in a horrible way " blinding someone " and that is the issue along with the idea that a " photonic disruptor " could be used to simply stun when it's use could do much worse and it would look bad in court as well as causing someone a lifelong disability.....sorry if I went a long way to say that, be careful.

Last edited: