Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for Information on Random Lasers

Philipnzw

Hi all, i am looking for information on random lasers.

The reason behind this is because I am planning to do research related to random lasers for my final year project (Chemistry Degree).
Currently, my plan is to embed ZnO nanoparticles in PMMA, forming a colloid that can potentially be externally pumped to achieve lasing properties. I am certain that this has been done before but i will try to come up with other things to do research on.
The chemistry side of thing should be easy for me but i need all the help i can get when it comes to the Physics side of things.
Because i still do not know the basic concepts of Random Lasers (or lasers in general.)
It would be nice if someone here knows any relevant website/textbook/pdf about lasers. Do share them with me.

ps: if i remember correctly, styropyro shared a textbook on lasers in one of his youtube videos some time ago, but i can't seem to find it now. Would be great if someone can tell me the name of the textbook.

Thanks in advance,
Philip.

Philipnzw

I've seen the video on the chemical formulary before but i do also remember that he showed off a textbook on lasers.
It could be a product of my imagination though.

It could be: Solid State Laser Engineering, by Walter Koechner. I have a hard cover copy. Best book on laser engineering IMHO.